For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
Serial3 does not packetise the data into a can transmittable format and uses a custom protocol devised for speeduino to communicate with external devices.
The mega squirt protocol is proprietary and as such we cannot use that as our external comms protocol.
You can use that circuit you show connected to a small pro mini arduino which can make thee necessary translation's. If you look in my git you will see he can interface and other example code .
. The wiki also explains how to use serial3.
It would be very easy to read serial3 and re-organise it into the ms broadcast format if you wanted to but as your device is of your own design why bother?
If you need anymore specific advise let me know.
Darren
By dazq
Not quite. I assume that first MCU is a teensy 3.2? In which case you need a can transceiver between it and the mcp2515 module.
You could use two pro mini with mcp2515 module on each if you wanted?
You could even not use the canbus at all and simply connect the pro mini on the nextion direct to serial3?
By PSIG
Is this do-able?

David

[EDIT] Fixed missing wire:
Serial3&CAN.jpg
Serial3&CAN.jpg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 7816 times
By dazq
No unfortunately not :-(
First the hardware spi is not available to use on a STD v04 series boards as the pins are in use for other things.
Second the spi to can load REALLY slowed things down far to much even with just a basic pre set value being broadcast yet alone any calls etc.
Lastly the nextion would need a output stream of its own format again with the overheads that brings.
:-( all a shame but hence why the co-processor design.
The upcoming teensy speeduino variant will be able to output straight from it's canbus though with no need for an interface as could a stm32 one too.
By PSIG
Got it. All good except available outputs and processing offload. Back to the beginning of the conversation. Image I'm good with that.

David
By dazq
Yes it could be , at the moment in the speeduino firmware there are compile defines that prevent its use with 2561 to stop errors , but a set of defines could be added for the 2561 in the same way as teensy and stm32 have theirs too.
I would not suggest a software serial port only a hardware one though.
The interface side of things would need no changes
By Rocket
Which version should be used? I try to compile v02.3 and get some errors.

'SPI_CS1_PIN' was not declared in this scope
'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

May be my arduino version is to old 1.6.13?

Also Speeduino-Simple-SD-Logger-master at git hub only readme file?
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?