For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
I'm very keen to have PWM fuel control for my motorcycle applications to reduce power draw. The current a fuel pump (even very small ones) draws more than most of these generators can keep up with. Consequently people seem to give up on finding a suitable generator for their carb'd engine and their project stalls. I tried a couple of times to write the code and it's just not in my skillset....

Two questions..

Who is interested in paying for it to be implemented?
Is anyone interested in taking on writing the code?

My thought on scope is:

Implement the PWM loop code in firmware such that a desired rail PSI is achieved.
TunerStudio: Write the code for the static number to be adjustable in TunerStudio (Tuning Menu?)
TunerStudio Add Fuel Pressure sensor to Calibrate Pressure Sensors Menu (Or use current under Accessories)
Code to Start\Stop fuel pump as normal.
Bonus: Rising rate based on boost pressure or other load factors. (I don't have a need for this, but I can see how others might for boosted applications or replacing OEM units that vary fuel pressure)

The MOSFET requirements would be a separate effort given the large swing in required amps based on each of our projects? My use case is somewhere around 3A I believe. Perhaps for higher needs one could make a small external MOSFET unit with appropriate cooling.

I'm willing to chip in $20 to start. A small sum but if it makes a difference I've been a sponsor for the project for a year or two.
Essentially the same function, yes. At the most basic level, one could repurpose an unused PWM output and use tunerstudio to set the target PSI as part of the tune file. Of course the MOSFET has to match current required for the pump too.
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?