For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
Toms wknd wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:03 am Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini file , trying to connect but doesnt work. Car dies when connecting and thats it. Any ideas ?
Which serial port are you connecting too?
Realdash is best connected to serial3 ( also known as secondary serial) leaving the main serial/usb for tuning with PC etc.
Connecting to primary serial while running will cause it to restart unless you have a modified cable/serial firmware or Arduino board. It's an Arduino thing :-(
Do i have to do something in arduino software ? i tried both, serial 0 and serial 3 . i have 3 m52 pnp boards, and none of them are connecting via bt. it just keeps repeating that its connecting to HC-06 over and over again. tried connecting with usb cable disconnected and that didn't help. i tried connecting it as megasquirt ecu, heard that people had some luck that way, but same thing. can stalls every time it tries to connect :cry:
I'm following this thread as I've used buckets of HC-06, the Wiki outlines the use of HC-06, and most suppliers sell the HC-06. It needs to work properly in any case (along with any other serial device), so the root issue needs to be identified for if there is a problem on the Speeduino-side. Probably not, but I'm watching here.

I have had a few random issues with HC emulators/clones (non-417 chips) but nothing definitive. No need of the HC-05 Master and other modes for this application, so I don't use them (except years ago), and I have no current input or info for those. Looking forward to a resolution for the OP.
I bought 100 HC-06 a few years ago, none of them would work with speeduino, Ive had problems with some HC-05. I have found 1 version of HC-05 that i don't have a problem with.

Just on a side note, I also have a shipment of CH340 chips that i opened the other week and work perfectly on a mac on a speeduino ecu, but will not work on a windows OS, comes up with Protocol error, Im guessing they are fake as the text isn't the same as the normal ones i use. But i don't understand why TS on windows has the protocol error just with that chip, my normal ch340 work fine.
NickZ wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:55 am Just on a side note, I also have a shipment of CH340 chips that i opened the other week and work perfectly on a mac on a speeduino ecu, but will not work on a windows OS, comes up with Protocol error, Im guessing they are fake as the text isn't the same as the normal ones i use. But i don't understand why TS on windows has the protocol error just with that chip, my normal ch340 work fine.
The newer versions of the driver block counterfeit chips.
+1, I use old driver versions in my Windows machines, and set Windows to never update drivers, except manually. This all started with the FTDI drivers that bricked chips years ago, but now others are using the same bad technique. Hopefully the newer blocking CH340 drivers don't permanently break the chips like FTDI did. :?

He's quite prolific with respect to video and elec[…]

I’m thinking it’s the voltage regulato[…]

HAHA Thank you! Ok got it the outer part of the […]

+1, I use old driver versions in my Windows machin[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?