Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
TLDR: Mazda 3 with Honda V6 J30 and speeduino for ECU in parallel with existing ECU

medium TLDR: I bought this weird Honda car rebadged as Mazda 3, I don't know why Honda just don't put it's name on it, Honda Accord 2 or mini accord, or super civical... whatever.

So I'm planning to swap the the K25... or L5-VE thing for a J30 that I have there doing nothing...

Because I'm not dumb.... I bought the car and then check dimensions of the engines...

So there is a slight chance that everything might work... because you know I'm not dumb... first started disassembling and then and only then did all my homework including checking dimensions of the engines, clearance, etc...

I've disconnected most of the stuff from the engine being the last things I need to disconnect the transmission and the engine mount to get the Mhonzda K25 2.5 L5-VE whatever from the engine bay and put the J30 in all it's unused gloriousness inside the bay to see how much the see-saw needs to "fix"...

I'm planning to put whatever it's designed/created as part of the build in this GitHub repo

https://github.com/alainnothere/Hondzda30

These images I tried to be as much as scale as possible using images from the internet, I did several measurements and they should be somehow, good enough to scale, there is obvious parallax effect on them so not a perfect match like for example in the bolt holes in the engine/transmission and the transmission image was mirrored
Superpositions are centered using the crankshaft output as aligning item.

Honda J30 over transmission, circle is area where axle needs to go, so area that needs to be removed...

Same but white for the area that needs to be removed

L5-VE on top of the Honda J30

L5-VE on top of transmission
Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate that I didn't bought by mistake too thin.... it's because it was perfect to use the dremel, I mean the beautifying wand and adjust the positions of the bolts.

first version of the thing is around 70 bucks... I'll call it pacman or the highway...... no, not convinced... well something more descriptive... domestic honda to almost honda mazda 3 si...
J30ToL5VEAdapterPlate.png
J30ToL5VEAdapterPlate.png (120.59 KiB) Viewed 162 times
And the final version will probably be built using the 12mm material
J30ToL5VEAdapterPlate_TickestMaterial.png
J30ToL5VEAdapterPlate_TickestMaterial.png (117.61 KiB) Viewed 162 times
J30 with adapter

Hondazda 3 whatever L5VE with adapter

Hondazda 3 whatever Transmission with adapter

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?