For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By AlexE
Hello,

Is there possible to increase number of programmable outpu rules? I have lots of ideas and 8 rules seem to be limiting factor for me
By AlexE
on my boards I currently have:
- MIL light
- programmable BATT LOW light
- EVAP control (3 rules consumed)
- swirl flaps
- alternator safety feature
- o2 heater control

8 rules used

I wanto to have also:
- variable intake control
- electric pump steering control
- spare rule avaliable for instance for variable exhaust control or shift light

all of these are rather simple on/off rules but there are more than 8
By PSIG
Yes, there are 8 programmable outputs, with 2 conditions each, plus polarity, delay, and time-on. I first review my rules to best 'stack' conditions efficiently, to use minimum rules for an output function, or link more than one rule to another.

Next I look at existing outputs for options to use for a different purpose, e.g., VVT for on/off or variable intake control, alternator voltage regulation, etc. Or, Boost output for PWM steering control, on/off shift lights, boost pump control, etc. I have to ignore the name of the function to see how else the built-in option could be used, but they are very handy and expand the configurable outputs for many uses, and have outputs already built. :D

If your outputs grow, consider using a version of @dazq's GPIO to greatly expand your options. That's what it was designed-for. 8-)
By AlexE
ok, I know possibilities you explained (VVT, BOOST, WMI etc) but my question was simple: is there possible to expand existing rues number beyond 8 or not.

If not limitation is within Speeduino or Tunerstudio?
By PSIG
Programmable outputs can be expanded, but at the cost of or burden to other features from the micro-processor. The old fight between which things Speeduino should do by priority. So, it falls to judgment, and Programmable outputs rules were set at 8. Only my opinion, but that number is fine to cover most applications by most users, and realistically most users apply none.

AFAIK, there is no hard limitation in TS or Speeduino (the GPIO shows this); but a limitation in speed or space by priority. You can only do so much without impacting other functions, so what do you want to do? Perhaps fork the code and choose your own balance of functions. Else, use the alternative options I mentioned to get what you need or want. Does that answer your question?

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?