Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By JB21
Hi guys,

I am currently thinking about some things, where I don't know if they would work.

So I have wifi running over ESP32 with my stm32f407.

Is there a chance to build a webserver, where you could easy adjust VE and or Ignition by just typing +-5%?

So you could quick connect with your wifi enter a password and there you go?

This would be cool!

Thanks!
By PSIG
JB21 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:10 amIs there a chance to build a webserver, where you could easy adjust VE and or Ignition by just typing +-5%?
If using the ESP for WiFi serial, you can do anything a direct USB connection can do. For example, select a cell, area or entire table (alt+a) and enter the value of change as an add, subtract, multiply, etc.
JB21 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:23 pm And for VE? I would like to use blend. But is it possible to do this over the esp?
Again, using serial - anything you could do on USB. 8-)
By JB21
Thx!

But I mean to do it over the browser: So if you enter the ip of the esp32 into the browser, you can open a web client. There you should be able to adjust the VE and ign tables.

Do you think this would work? So you dont have to carry tunerstudio with you. This would be good for end users, that dont know how to tune. Just to adjust fuelling and ignition in a save window.

Thanks!
By PSIG
JB21 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 pmBut I mean to do it over the browser: So if you enter the ip of the esp32 into the browser, you can open a web client. There you should be able to adjust the VE and ign tables.
Perhaps others could answer that, as I cannot, and have not tried a web interface of that type. Similar (not same) concept could be MSDroid, that lacks features of TS, or the direct memory access using Palm Pilots for some systems many years ago could be the concept? If I understand you correctly, you want something similar to a home thermostat app, that you can pull-up, make a single change, and close, without other data or interaction?

JB21 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 pmThis would be good for end users, that dont know how to tune.
I would be concerned that the tools TS and MLV bring are most valuable to new tuners, and help to increase the understanding and guidance to tune changes. I would take care to remove that benefit (as much of a hassle as it can be) that could keep new tuners in the dark about what they are doing and why, and data to support it. :? Hmm.
Agree 100% - if they really don’t know enough to use TS, do you want to give them the ability to change fuel and then blame your product? After all, if you made it that easy, you must’ve thought it was safe :(

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?