Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By E4ODnut
New Arduino IDE install . Fresh 202310 download. When I try to compile I get this error message:

In file included from C:\Users\rhieb\Documents\Speeduino\speeduino-202310\speeduino\globals.h:150:0,
from C:\Users\rhieb\Documents\Speeduino\speeduino-202310\speeduino\speeduino.ino:24:
C:\Users\rhieb\Documents\Speeduino\speeduino-202310\speeduino\board_avr2560.h:40:13: error: macro names must be identifiers
#define \micros_safe() micros() //If the timer5 method is not used, the micros_safe() macro is simply an alias for the normal micros()
^
C:\Users\rhieb\Documents\Speeduino\speeduino-202310\speeduino\speeduino.ino:49:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>
#include BOARD_HBOARD_H //Note that this is not a real file, it is defined in globals.h.
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

exit status 1

Compilation error: macro names must be identifiers

What can I do to correct this?
By E4ODnut
Yup. That's what I am using. I'm not familiar with the language. What does that error mean and how do I correct it?
By JHolland
The include statement should be referencing a file "#include BOARD_HBOARD_H" is not valid because that is not a file name, it should be "#include board.h" but #include BOARD_H" may work because Arduino does not handle header files in the same manner as C or C++ and the Speeduino code is rather unusual in the way that it handles this.
I didn't have to make any code changes, I recommend that you download the code again.
By E4ODnut
Thank you. The new download seemed to do the trick. I noticed the little change in the #include. It took me a few tries but eventually got the code compiled and loaded. So far it looks like everything is working as it should.
By JHolland
Coincidentally, I did have a brief attempt at importing the code into Atmel Studio and it fell over with same error message.
By jonbill
Platformio is what it is developed with and although both are I'm sure trying to conform to the same interfaces and standards, there will be differences.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?