For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By dino
Dear,
I'm new on Speeduino ECU but I think its a wonderful software!
I have and old FIAT 500, she has the carburetor and the distributor, I wanna try to have electronic ignition and injection.
I designed my PCB but I have some doubts about it, it is a good way have ground plane on the two face? top and bottom? or it is better have only one?

I have difficult to buy the MPX4250AP, I have found a MPX 4250DP, it is also ok?
https://www.reichelt.com/it/it/sensore- ... x4250&&r=1

If I understand correctly, to configure the pins of the Arduino MEGA2560 I have to edit the file speeduino/init.cpp and add the definition of the pins for my board in
Code: Select all
void setPinMapping(byte boardID)
correct?

Thank you
Dino
Istantanea_2024-01-21_15-56-56.png
Istantanea_2024-01-21_15-56-56.png (453.49 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
By PSIG
dino wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:35 pmI designed my PCB but I have some doubts about it, it is a good way have ground plane on the two face? top and bottom? or it is better have only one?
In a practical sense, ground planes have not been a big issue, as most of the circuits are 3.3V up to VBAT. Injector circuits can see flyback of 50-80V, and seem OK without special attention. However, if you have higher voltage circuits, such as an ignition coil drivers seeing flyback of 150 to 450V, that's where issues commonly appear.

If wanting to provide best grounding and ground planes, it's not something to guess, and I suggest reading up on it for best chance of success.

dino wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:35 pmI have difficult to buy the MPX4250AP, I have found a MPX 4250DP, it is also ok?
No, that one is for differential pressure, and Speeduino cannot use it. The sensor must read absolute pressure, with 0-5V analog output. There are many options, but using a site such as octopart.com can help in finding them with a supplier you can access. For example:
https://octopart.com/search?q=MPX4250AP ... SD&specs=0
Some of the smaller MPXH o rMPXHZ sensors are easier to find, or less expensive when you do. The pandemic shortages on pressure sensors appear to be reducing. :mrgreen:

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?