For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By baguete
Hi guys, new here.

I'm getting my 0.4.3d board ready but still getting my head around the decoder needed for my car.

It uses an optical sensor like most Nissans but with a different pattern, 4 big slots and 1 small slot for 1st cylinder TDC. This is talked here: viewtopic.php?p=33047 but no further discussion was made.

It rotates counter clockwise (seeing from the left side of the car and as viewed in the next picture) and has around 40º between the big slot and the small slot for TDC, the others being 90º apart:
Micra K11 Distributor Disc.jpg
Micra K11 Distributor Disc.jpg (95.29 KiB) Viewed 1634 times

Was checking the documentation and the most similar decoder is the Daihatsu +1, but the angle between the big slot and the small slot for TDC is different.

Is it possible to add a new decoder to the firmware? It would be something like this:

toothAngles[0] = 0; //tooth #1
toothAngles[1] = 80; //tooth #2 (Extra tooth)
toothAngles[2] = 180; //tooth #3
toothAngles[3] = 360; //tooth #4
toothAngles[4] = 540; //tooth #5

I could cover the smal slot and use the Basic Distributor option but I prefer to use it with full sync. It's also used by other Nissans with CG and GA engines.

Best regards Armando
@baguete - in order to help others in the future looking for solutions — if you find the Daihatsu +1 decoder works properly for your application, to then return and EDIT your original post and title to indicate [SOLVED] and the solution at the top of your original post for others to find quickly without further reading or searching. 8-) Thanks!
Raku wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:23 am just done a k11. daihatsu +1 works fine running fully sequential.
It doesn't get sync problems? The decoders.cpp file has this comment:

//We need to try and find the extra tooth (#2) which is located 30 degrees after tooth #1
//Aim for tooth times less than about 60 degrees

Can this be a problem or the firmware can go to the 80 degrees offset that the Nissan disc has?

Do you use the rising or the falling edge of the trigger signal? On the falling edge that would be only 24 degrees of offset, near the 30 degrees of the Daihatsu.

Thanks, Armando
PSIG wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:18 pm @baguete - in order to help others in the future looking for solutions — if you find the Daihatsu +1 decoder works properly for your application, to then return and EDIT your original post and title to indicate [SOLVED] and the solution at the top of your original post for others to find quickly without further reading or searching. 8-) Thanks!
Let me get this working on the car and I will give feedback ;)
baguete wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:57 am
Raku wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:23 am just done a k11. daihatsu +1 works fine running fully sequential.
It doesn't get sync problems? The decoders.cpp file has this comment:

//We need to try and find the extra tooth (#2) which is located 30 degrees after tooth #1
//Aim for tooth times less than about 60 degrees

Can this be a problem or the firmware can go to the 80 degrees offset that the Nissan disc has?

Do you use the rising or the falling edge of the trigger signal? On the falling edge that would be only 24 degrees of offset, near the 30 degrees of the Daihatsu.

Thanks, Armando
yes falling edge. currently tested up to 7500rpm and everting stable.
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?