For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
Hi guys,

I just found this forum today. I've developed my own PDM a few years ago for my 67 Camaro and they has been working great. Here is a link to my project that explains the hardware that I developed.

I'm now working on a new 68 Firebird project that will also utilize these same modules as well as a new board that I'm currently developing that will support bluetooth and NFC for keyless entry, push button start and a few other features. I'm still working on the schematics for this board.

I originally made 10 PDM boards. I will use 6 in the Camaro and Firebird and 3 that I gave to my brother to develop the original firmware so I only have 1 board left that I'm keeping as a spare.

What I would like is to build more and sell these boards and get help from a community like this to develop more firmware and apps to make these boards more universal. How much interest is there out there for this idea as I'm trying to gauge how many more boards I would need to make. Not sure what final cost would be at the moment as it would depend on how many I build, but it would be upwards of $500 a board for the PDM.
Sounds pretty cool. 8-) More of a BCM than a PDM, yes? Efforts here have mostly been for a protective PDM, and control via CAN to each device, rather than power switching and smart control from the PDM (for most things), allowing multiple devices on each PDM feed for system expansion.

Thanks for being up-front about the commercial application, which members here fully endorse, but on an open-source or cooperative basis - usually. We support the model of high profits using open-source, including closed-source support for open-source projects like Speeduino. An example could be a privately-developed closed hardware device operating on open-source firmware. Lots of those here, but the community was not used to develop or support them. ;)

So, being up-front in-return, many here have been burned by commercial ventures, providing help, testing, etc, only to end-up just another paying customer. So, while not a hard rule, we like to see community support, with the knowledge that the products from that support will be shared to all.

Else, if you are going to be closed-source, then you need to pay for your own work, dev and support, like any other private venture. Many here have done that. Fairness is free help = free use, as most of the ECMs and other community-supported hard, firm and software is here. I hope that makes sense, and welcome to the forums! 8-)
These sound great.
Will the firmware be made open source due to the community contributions?
Can we see the current state the firmware is at?
What MCU and development environment is being used is also very important information.
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?