Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
So it seems odd that my car uses 87% of injector duty and 3% of warmup makes it too rich at times ( +8c in the morning).
makes it rely hard to tune warmup :lol:

2l 16v PSA engine 400cc injectors
dual map and combined VE 170% max load. rgf 8.4 E85
tps based tune, no map or baro used. both set up at 100%
the acceleration enrichment is too ~ 2-5% max
the 2023/05 gets credit to good working O2 correction, but still struggling with the big AFR jumps with 1% correction.

sequential or semi no affect to the mater.
car runs fine just the corrections are not very tunable.

2021/08 and 2023/05 work the same.
Sequential, and semi. Is the afr the same for both settings. A difference would suggest the injector OT is incorrect.

I know you not new here. :) I'm just throwing things at you because you are most likely fed up with looking at it. :D

We can probably help more if you post a tune and log pair.
LPG2CV wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:59 pm Sequential, and semi. Is the afr the same for both settings. A difference would suggest the injector OT is incorrect.

I know you not new here. :) I'm just throwing things at you because you are most likely fed up with looking at it. :D

We can probably help more if you post a tune and log pair.
No worries, there is no change needed with injectors sequ/semi. there is a 0.3-4 afr change but i get a biger one just by changing 1% on map :D

its like 10X off if i would need to change 0.5 afr and 5% that would be ok.

i´l get a coresponding tune and log on the next ride.
feels it´s somehow related to the tps based tune.
I haven't looked through your files, but I'd be looking at other causes. To keep percentages in-context, a +1% change from 13.0:1 AFR is 13.13:1 AFR. However, a 1% change from a VE of 22 is .22 but forced to a full step to 23, and at 13 AFR goes to 13.59 AFR. So unless a max deviation of about 0.6 AFR is a problem, it should be tunable to that error (+/- .3 of target). If you cannot maintain that error, there is likely a different cause/causes.

The following is generalized, without effects of rounding, WBO2 deviation, etc. From this, I would suggest scaling your VE table and Req_fuel to double the VE increment resolution as a test. First open your tune in TS, then File > Save Tune As to a new tune with a new name (e.g., Scaling_Test.msq), so you can always go back to your current tune. Divide the Req_fuel by 2 and burn, then select the entire VE table and use the Scaling button to multiply by 2. Burn that and save the new tune again.

This should result in a table with doubled values, but multiplied in fuel calculations by half, providing the same fueling, but at double the incremental control resolution. This means a full digit increase in idle VE of 22 to 23 is now 44 to 45, and the change in AFR should be half of previously, from 13.0 to 13.3 (+/- .15 AFR from target) versus the previous 13.6 example result. Let us know what you find, and we can go from there.
i did the change, warmup still does not have any more ability to tune it. 8% and it´s 12 Afr acc of 10% max nothing odd happened. Need to take a proper drive but first glance did not make difference.

i expexct it to go lean on the warmup but actually it got richer :?

like been said if the correction takes a full 1% step it´s too big. iat correction, injector voltage etc..

with map1 and map2 (e85 extra fuel) i have a VE scale of 20-300 if you combine the maps.

car runs fine still, all the ponys are home :D
Attachments
(89.12 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Not seeing a warmup fuel issue in this log? I didn't realize you were using additive tables, so if you continue with scaled tables, you'll have to put some thought into system reaction. I again didn't look at everything, but did note you have Idle Advance as Switched (seeing odd idle timing in the log), which could cause some idle stability issues. I don't know if you've looked or tested far into that, or if you found it is an awesome solution for you with this setting and values. :?
Yeah i did notice that dual tables limit The ve and IT goes Lean when i made The rgf half and Maps 2x

Idle advance Works perfect, rock Solid idle and smooth. I dont use Idle valves.

I have a working good base map for gas ans 2 map IS The extra for E85 when used.

Ok so it's just a normal thing to only have 8% and less of warmup, and this gets worse with gas.

On The base things iat correction sufers from The same thing, resolution of a 1% jump is too big :?

Normal temperature swing here is 55C with The seasons :D
turtana wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:02 am Ok so it's just a normal thing to only have 8% and less of warmup, and this gets worse with gas.
Perhaps I missed it, but I do not see your issue in the logs. Can you give times or a new log that shows where this warmup issue is, or where the 1% step is a problem? I ask, as I need to see and follow the problem to trace its sources (in data and activity) in order to envision a correct and effective solution.

Thank you for that tip - it took a few iterations […]

Yes, to minimize the number of injections for eq[…]

Hello I have a ua4c board and I just finished tuni[…]

If you want the simplest/easiest setup then you c[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?