Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Fatman
Yeah it is pretty complex, basically I've programmed my own electronic throttle controller that on deceleration opens to reduce pumping losses to help with fuel economy when the boost controller is disabled (I estimate this is probably worth 1mpg) when the throttle is open the deceleration fuel cutoff doesn't work hence the second fuel table. The second spark table is active when the boost controller is enabled (retarded off full boost to reduce lag).

And finally I have 2 other signal wires going to the nano that controls the throttle, one of them is coolant temperature based to make it less stally when cold, and the other is basically an anti stall if which basically blips the throttle if it detects the rpm dropping to quickly near idle.

With regards to the ve table that is how the auto tune decided it should be mapped with the automatic staging. I've always assumed it was due to the secondary's kicking in and tuner studio dropped the VE value because both the primaries and secondary's were injecting?

It is quite possibly something I have programmed for some reason not agreeing with the latest firmware. To further complicate things I also have a little 5" touchscreen on secondary serial which has a button on it to enable and disable the boost control and simultaneously damp the throttle when the boost controller is disabled.

I'll have a play tonight if I get any time and take a log with the new .ini file.
By PSIG
Fatman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:43 am Yeah it is pretty complex, basically I've programmed my own electronic throttle controller that on deceleration opens to reduce pumping losses to help with fuel economy
Some OEMs do this with large solenoid air valves. I tried it some years ago an auto trans truck, which allowed the TPS to be used as "normal" with air ported under the throttle body like one OEM did it. It did help economy a bit, but not as much as a manual trans would, as the engine would DFCO and spin-down only slowed by the torque converter coupling, causing the engine to fall to DFCO minimum and softly surge off-on-off-on just above DFCO minimum for the duration of decel. I found it satisfying, though others may find it irritating. :lol:

Point is that ported air allowed TPS, simplifying everything. Likewise, using AuxIO could simply send a signal (or by serial) when DFCO is active to either activate the valve or (in your case with ETB) signal your TB to open for the air (throttle input override?), placing pedal position in control as TPS. This would avoid switching tables and use the DFCO function as-is. Just throwing ideas out.

Fatman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:43 am And finally I have 2 other signal wires going to the nano that controls the throttle, one of them is coolant temperature based to make it less stally when cold, and the other is basically an anti stall if which basically blips the throttle if it detects the rpm dropping to quickly near idle.
I would assume if you have cold-stalling and under-shoot on decel, the tune is unstable due to de-tuning for emissions requirements? I have not looked at your tune or logs. Have you tried using torque-reserve with idle timing to bump undershoots?

Fatman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:43 am With regards to the ve table that is how the auto tune decided it should be mapped with the automatic staging. I've always assumed it was due to the secondary's kicking in and tuner studio dropped the VE value because both the primaries and secondary's were injecting?
If you are using auto mode, then yes, it adds the second injectors increasing fuel but decreasing the fuel load (VE) to get there. Is it successful?

Fatman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:43 am It is quite possibly something I have programmed for some reason not agreeing with the latest firmware.
Couldn't help you there. Perhaps others have ideas for sorting conflicts easily.
By Fatman
Ultimately it would be better to have an external idle control valve as well but to be honest I built the car into what it is over covid and it is currently my only car that runs, so making more hardware modifications aren't really an option until I can take it off the road for a bit. I would also like to stick a full 2" exhaust on but the current one took a few days to fabricate.

I probably wont get any time to try stuff now until Sunday at the earliest but it runs and drives acceptably on 202207.2. I do now have a list of things to try at least. I'll post back once I have some fettle time, but thanks for the suggestions!
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?