Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By njking25
LPG2CV wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:54 am It could be the polartity of the VR sensor wiring. Have a read here, and the other links to understand it more. Once you have this correct, then it will either no longer be an issue, or you can persue other fixes. But this base setting needs to be correct before continuing.

viewtopic.php?p=62759#p62759
I checked the wiring harness and its wired in correctly. But the trigger edge was falling edge, changed it to rising edge and now i have it idling. Please see the included video. I've noticed some weird issues though, it starts pretty easy, but only if i spray it with starter fluid first. Otherwise it cranks forever. Once started it runs fine until it gets some throttle, I'm assuming its something to do with the tune. The first video is me trying to crank it w/o starter fluid. The second video is with starter fluid and it runs for a few min.

The bike uses an iac valve at the throttle bodies, and i have a controller for that for the no2c but im unsure how to wire it in, im pretty sure that's part of my idle issue. Does tuner studio have some settings i can change to controller how much fuel it spays for startup?

Either way I'm excited. I started this project back in January and honestly didn't think I'd ever get it started on speeduino. I've learned a lot, and now I'm one step closer to full boost control.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/YfNR4jxtuOc

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uPQID2xE5z0
By PSIG
njking25 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:15 pm Once started it runs fine until it gets some throttle, I'm assuming its something to do with the tune.
It does. It's trying to run now, so tune it. 8-)
By LPG2CV
Ok, lets focus on starting before working on idle.

Click on the Starting/Idle tab
You could probably set the FP duration to two seconds, and set the Injector prime delay to 2.1 seconds. This will give the injectors a squirt into the cylinders prior to anything else happening.

Fuel enrichments are based on the current VE value. When it is idling, it is based on the VE in the cell it is idling at. Enrichment such as Warm Up Enrichment (WUE) is a % multiplier.

Cranking though, is usually based on the cells in the VE table on the left most side. And is around 100 kpa if you ahve the throttle open a little, or what ever vacuum the engine can achieve if you dont.

So, first increase the VE (try 100) value in the top 3-4 cells in the left column of the VE table.

The values in the cranking enrichment are % multipliers of this.

See if that helps you start.

Study the different menu options in cranking/idle. :)
By njking25
Hi Guys, i think there might be something wrong with the onboard map sensor i have installed on my no2c, its reading -7psi with the engine off and at sea level. It should be reading 0psi right?

I made sure I had the correct sensor selected (mpx420a) per the speeduino wiki.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-17 204714.png
Screenshot 2023-05-17 204714.png (92.73 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Screenshot 2023-05-17 204458.png
Screenshot 2023-05-17 204458.png (252.47 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
By jonbill
The manifold pressure should be atmospheric with the engine not running, which is around 100kpa or 15psi.
Are you sure that gauge is reporting MAP?
Also your CLT and IAT readings look like they might be swapped.
By njking25
jonbill wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:18 am The manifold pressure should be atmospheric with the engine not running, which is around 100kpa or 15psi.
Are you sure that gauge is reporting MAP?
Also your CLT and IAT readings look like they might be swapped.
I ended up ordering a new speeduino no2c, i realized that my tps voltage kept rising, and even after swapping to another sensor I was still getting no reading out of the map sensor. I'm waiting for it to arrive, then will continue tuning.
By njking25
Hi guys, update on this, finally got my new no2c in and put together. I'm still getting -6 psi from the onboard map sensor. This is a new Arduino, a new speeduino board, and a new map sensor. Is there something obvious I'm missing, it should be reading 14-15 psi without anything attached to the map sensor right? I made sure i select the map sensor suggested in the speeduino wiki.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-08 212435.png
Screenshot 2023-06-08 212435.png (335.37 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
By jonbill
Is your speeduino connected to tunerstudio in that screen shot?
IAT and CLT are also not so realistic again. have you 'burned' the calibration?

also - you have a 'baro' gauge that is showing 72kpa, which is much closer to a reasonable value.
you don't have a separate baro sensor, so that baro reading is being read from your map sensor at power on (unless its just the 'disconnected' default).
What altitude are you at?
By LPG2CV
I'm not experienced with the NO2C. :)

So found an image, and posted it. Assuming you have this board.

Check you have map up the correct way, and the other sensors are wired in correctly.

It is very easy to get turned around. Don't ask me how I know :lol:

You may also like to use the kpa read out in the short term, as we are more familier with it. :)

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?