For any pieces of hardware directly related to Speeduino (ie Boards, components etc)
By tefnet
I’ve a dropbear in a jeep Cherokee, I’ve been using it for a few months now and I had no problems until now.
I was pulling a truck that was stuck the other day, after the second pull the car stopped and I was unable to start it again. In tunerstudio everything seems to be ok except I get no rpm when cranking. When trying to do a tooth log or composite log I get this error “Error: Unable to read Logger data. Controller Instruction failed! Error: Response packet failed validation: Controller reporting BUSY, 3 attempts made.”
I’ve a VR sensor with a 36-1 wheel and I’ve been testing the original jeep sensor 66-2-2-2 with Mike501’s decoder with some success, now in both cases I have no RPM, I even tried a spare sensor in the 36-1 wheel.
I tested the crank wiring for continuity and everything seem to be all right. I even have another teensy board installed but the problem still persists.
I’ve made a wiring for bench testing (only crank and power) but I can’t see RPM and the tooth logger error persist.
Any suggestions on what could be the problem or what can I do to identify the issue?
Imagen
Attachments
Log
Log
log.png (142.79 KiB) Viewed 8976 times
By noisymime
Just to check around that tooth logger, have you got your TS project set to New Comms in the project settings? Basically the tooth logger will report those types of errors if it’s not seeing any (or enough) trigger pulses before it times out.

Do you have access to a scope that you could measure the signal at the ECU itself?
By tefnet
I don't have a scope.
Made a modification in the wiring an tried with a hall sensor, it worked. The problem is that I don't want to use a hall sensor
I connected the hall sensor directly to battery and used the positive wire of the crank signal that went to the vr sensor then changed the jumper in the ECU.

could this be a problem with the conditioner in the ECU?
By PSIG
Which conditioner are you using?
I would use a multimeter at each point in sequence to find signal. It is too slow to read accurate values, but meter activity indicates a signal is present. Be sure to set your meter on a reasonable range when testing this, and use care to avoid touching other pins. I would probe the input terminal to ground, and every successive point (conditioner input, output, Mega signal pin, etc) in order to verify signal is present.

If signal is present all the way to the processor, then the condition of that signal—or the settings to read that signal—are likely faulty.

A better tool would be a cheap oscilloscope or even a logic analyzer (both $20 or less online). Ask for guidance if you get one. You are diagnosing an issue, but you need information (data) to get answers. Get the data. 8-)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?