For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
We intend to add a buffered output to the DropBear using the otherwise unused stepper driver headers of the DropBear. As all DropBear schematics are not (yet) available we need to confirm the +12V and Grd pin locations so we do not smoke anything. Can anyone confirm the pins in the attached photo? TIA
Attachments
stepper pinout.jpg
stepper pinout.jpg (98.22 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
@gwynethh
What Firmware version are you using?

Edit

The reason I ask, is because AC controll has been added to the Developement version of FW. I can't say how much testing it has gone through though.

I can't think of a reason why (if you build it into the daughter board), you could not select the pins currently used for stepper control to control AC, and then, have no need of wires on the board.

pinStepperDir = 32; //Direction pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperStep = 31; //Step pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperEnable = 30; //Enable pin for DRV8825 driver
LPG2CV wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:13 pm @gwynethh
What Firmware version are you using?

Edit

The reason I ask, is because AC controll has been added to the Developement version of FW. I can't say how much testing it has gone through though.

I can't think of a reason why (if you build it into the daughter board), you could not select the pins currently used for stepper control to control AC, and then, have no need of wires on the board.

pinStepperDir = 32; //Direction pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperStep = 31; //Step pin for DRV8825 driver
pinStepperEnable = 30; //Enable pin for DRV8825 driver
We have already used those pins as alternates mentioned in the DB manual
"C3 Output 2A Spare 2/Stepper-B2 Can be used either as ground switching output for general purpose use or 12v output if using a stepper idle control (Requires stepper driver to be fitted, see Stepper Driver). Tuner Studio pin #26

C4 Output 2A Idle/Stepper-B1 Can be used either as ground switching idle output (For use with PWM valves) or 12v output if using a stepper idle control (Requires stepper driver to be fitted, see Stepper Driver). Tuner Studio pin #27

C5 Output 2A VVT/Stepper-A1. Can be used either as ground switching VVT output or 12v output if using a stepper idle control (Requires stepper driver to be fitted, see Stepper Driver)Tuner Studio pin #28

C6 Output 2A Spare 1/Idle 2/Stepper-A2 Can be used either as ground switching output for general purpose use or 12v output if using a stepper idle control (Requires stepper driver to be fitted, see Stepper Driver). This is the default pin for Idle 2 when using a 3 wire PWM valve. Tuner Studio pin #29

We plan to reassign the Teensy pinA16 Flex fuel input to Teensy pin 35 low current output 5 by commenting out line 2280 of the init.ino and adding after line 2300 "pinSpareLOut5 = 35; //low current output spare5 //Added to provide the needed extra output for the AC clutch"

That line will need some type of driver like a ULN2003. So the plan is to make a ULN2003 daughter board jumpered to Teensy pin 35 and outputted to DB Black connector pin A4 (otherwise unused). The UNL will need to be powered from the stepper headers as note in the first post.

HOWEVER we will look at the beta firmware to see what that does for the AC now that yo mention it.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?