For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By SPEngineering
Hello everyone! It's my first time posting here but I'm starting work on a new drop-in CAN module for speeduino boards. I'm currently building it out and testing it, but I plan on open sourcing the hardware and software once it's done.

I'm looking for devices I can test with, dash clusters, indicators, external control modules. Stuff I can put on a can bus and poke and prod at. Recommendations? Suggestions? There's a junkyard nearby I can grab stuff for cheap.

Thanks!
By dazq
Hi,
What is it you are offering with this different to the current canbus support in place?
A few co processor boards have been created along with the integrated support on stm32 and teensy.
By dazq
SPEngineering wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:23 am Well, I did intend this to be used on the mega boards. I am also hoping to include SD card logging in the same device.
Ok ,so your are making a coprocessor board design.
You said
"I'm looking for devices I can test with, dash clusters, indicators, external control modules. Stuff I can put on a can bus and poke and prod at"

So you are looking for OEM parts? What are you looking to do?

Some Examples available
Pazi88 coprocessor board talks some BMW models and sends dash data out,reads vss and other data in.
Is this what you are looking at?
Jama has a board he is due to release ( he is diy-efi store)
Yes, I am making a coprocessor based board. I probably should have explained more. I am looking for standards compliant CAN devices to test my gateway against and make sure I'm doing it right. Because just putting it in loopback mode isn't much of a test.
OK! After replacing some faulty hardware I have the CAN bridge functionality working. I am now moving forward to add on-board data logging. Also looking to add RTC or GPS for time/location keeping.
By Spesh
Theres a guy on facebook making a 'budget' digitial dash thats pretty good, Nextgenefi. Have a look, his dash works on serial 3 and canbus so could be a good test. The chap is also very communicative :)

I'm running a mega 4.4 so am super interested in adding SD logging on board, canbus would be a bonus.
If there is anyone here knowledgeable about the speeduino secondary serial code here? I have some questions.

Does the code respond to in-flight requests before making a new one or will the conversation be interrupted?

i.e. I send the ECU a request for data and wait for the response.
The ECU responds to me before polling for new data from the CAN bus.
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?