For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Julien Hilaire
Hi all,
I'm trying to "clone" a Speedy based on 0.4.X SMD and THT boards + Teensy 3.5 + 2x24pins SICMA connectors and chinese case.
I need a real technical support because I'm quite lost considering few issues. To found help, I've published schematics on Reddit here : https://www.reddit.com/r/PrintedCircuit ... _speeduino
Since, I'm searching to upgrade the projet without really answer by Reddit community. If fews of yours can help me :idea:
Kind regards, Julien.
Attachments
(504.99 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
By Julien Hilaire
Hi,

Concerning power supply issues and after few researches, I've found differents answers to upgrade power supply and schem's.

Take a look behind.
Attachments
A 2008 FORMULA FSAE ECU student schematics
(453.16 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
Seems to be optimal but so much !
(527.15 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
By Julien Hilaire
Hi all,
Review request please ;)
Kind regards. Julien.
Attachments
3D PCB a
3D PCB a
0.1.1.a.png (474.84 KiB) Viewed 5319 times
PCB with Teensy 3.5
(159.23 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
PCB with connector 2 x24pins DELPHI
(241.91 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
Protected PS, protected ADC's, etc...
(481.92 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
ING, op-amps, Teensy 3.5, CAN (studying)...
(324 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
By dazq
Hi,
This is all looking excellent work.

I have one suggestion though, don't bother designing for the teensy 3.5 .
Pjrc themselves don't recommend new designs based on the T3.5 as they don't expect supplies to be available again and recommend designing around the T4.1 instead.
By Julien Hilaire
Hi @dazq,
Thx for your review with positive feedback. It's motivating :geek:

This is my first Speeduino project. At the biginning, goals were ;
- use adaptator board of Teensy 3.5-3.6 to Mega + 0.4.X schematics with standard firmware ;
- learn about Kicad (Kicad 5 than migrating to Kicad 6 with library "Migration", etc...) ;
- learn about electronic componants THT as SMD ;
- learn about componants dealers ;
- learn about firmware, codes, Arduino IDE and PlateformIO.
All is still in improuvement :idea:

Actually, I'm planning to test my design with a big work on firmware to adapt code to design pinMapping. I need to learn how use Github to push my firmware mods too. So much work :roll: .

Concerning Teensy 3.5, I have fews in stock and I can find fews others ;) but for sure my next project is "bigger" with Teensy 4.1 with more INJ's and IGN's, 3 CAN BUS for uses with VCU secondary project and/or DASHBOARD third project maybe :o . No time to sleep :lol: .

Kind regards, Julien.
By NickZ
My suggestion is stop using through hole components.
I wouldn't bother using teensy, the I/O is limited and availability can be sketchy.
You would be much better using the STM32 and develop your skills on a more popular platform.
By Julien Hilaire
Hi @Nick,
Thx for your reply. I've take a look on your "old" Teensy 8x8 project, very good job :idea:

I still use THT 'cause of my 2007 MS2 PCB3.0 first interest and Teensy 3.5 'cause of size, cost and Dropbear use but with delevery fail I think to change to Teensy 4.1 or STM32 as you say.
Which STM32 seems good for ? Official one's or clones ?
Kind regards.
By NickZ
I would be using official DEV versions, Very hard currently as there are many fake chips out there.
You can use one of the defined STM pinouts, I think Pazi88 BMW is the most complete STM32.
I have my own pinout that i maintain myself.
The STM is not supported with the Speedyloader so if you want to make a sellable unit you will have to write your own firmware updater.
I have my own but only works on a Windows OS, 99% of users work it ok the rest I help. Im not really smart enough to write programmes for the computer.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?