For any discussion not specifically related to your project
By E4ODnut
I have a V0.4 board and a DSD Tech HC-06 Bluetooth 2.0 module that I am trying to connect to RealDash on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with no success. I think I have the module programmed correctly as Speeduino, 115200 baud and a new 4 digit Pin. In the tablet settings I have Bluetooth on. It recognizes Speeduino and pairs with my Pin number. In RealDash I have selected Speeduino Bluetooth but it won't connect with the default .ini file on either com0 or com3. It does ask for an .ini file, but I don't know how to get it and get it into RealDash. Tuner Studio displays Speeduino 202207.1 . I am not familiar with the tablet so I'd appreciate some guidance here.
By jonbill
I save the ini file to google drive, then download it to my phone.
Then I use the file manager app to move it to the realdash folder so realdash can find it.
By E4ODnut
Is the file manager app part of the tablet or is it something I have to get?
By E4ODnut
I found "My Files" in the list of Samsung Apps. I was able to connect the tablet to my PC with a USB cable and copy and paste the maincontroller.ini file into the tablet drive. Using "My Files" I was able to copy and paste it into the main RealDash folder. Now this is where it gets interesting. The RealDash folder contains 6 sub folders. camera, datalogs, descfiles, settings and tripdiary. Nothing else. All the folders are empty. The main folder now contains my copy of maincontroller.ini, but still no connection. Where does RealDash keep a copy of the .ini file?
Even though the tablet says I am paired to the Bluetooth module, the LED on the module is still constantly flashing. I'm not sure what that means.
By E4ODnut
Update:
I kept trying and now RealDash gives me a message "connecting to Speeduino", but it times out after a few seconds then repeats. While this is happening the LED on the BT module stays steady on, then goes back to flashing.
By E4ODnut
Update/Update:
I just kept trying and Voila! It connects on Speeduino, BLUETOOTH, Speeduino, serial0. For now I'm just playing with the default dashboard on a simulator before I buy a more detailed dash set up. First I have to figure out how to change what is displayed where, and how to change the units.
By stum
Good to see you have moved the ini file to safe location.
When i was playing with mine, i left it in the default location when it downloaded, worked fine for a while, then stopped. As it was in the download's location and the tablet had had a clean-up, deleting the file..... that took a little while to work out.
By E4ODnut
Yes, it seems like nothing is easy with RealDash. I'm not familiar with Android so I ended up fighting with the phone and Google Play Store, but eventually I have it up and running. I bought the Engineer's Dream dash but I am having no luck at all in trying to find out how to edit the gauges. It's supposed to be easy, but with no documentation, I don't even know where to begin.
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?