Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
lovosal wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:29 pm Thanks for answering.
I'll give you the examples where I have doubts.
For example;
For the crankshaft position sensor (CKP) we have pin B1 Crankshaft position sensor (input signal), B19 Crankshaft position sensor - shielded cable, B21 crankshaft position sensor (input signal).

For idle control valve (IDLE) we have:
Pin B2,B3,B4 and B5 (All of them say "output signal").

For ignition coils we have:
Pin B6 Ignition amplifier (output signal),
Pin B7 Ignition amplifier (output signal).

For the injector I think there is no problem because there is only one Pin, injector B10 (switched ground of the engine control module).

For fuel pump we have:
Pin B12 Fuel pump relay (Input signal) and A26 fuel pump relay (Engine control module switched ground).

For throttle position sensor (TPS) we have:
B18 Throttle position sensor (engine control module ground circuit) (This Pin is shared with one more signal: engine coolant temperature sensor), B24 Throttle position sensor (input signal) and B26 Throttle position sensor the throttle (output signal) (this Pin 26 is shared with two more signals: gas recirculation valve position sensor and manifold absolute pressure sensor).

For the engine coolant temperature sensor we have:
Pin B23 Engine coolant temperature sensor Double scale (input signal) and B18 Engine coolant temperature sensor Double scale (engine control module ground circuit) As I mentioned before, this Pin, B18, is shared with one more signal: Throttle position sensor).

I don't know if with this and the photos that I will add in the same order I have been able to explain it better.
Tell me when you see it.
So the ckp appears to be a vr type of sensor so you use both b1 and b21, with the screen being optionally connected to gnd .

The idle valve looks like it is a stepper motor type unit, so you need the stepper driver on your speedy board to run that

Ignition coils could be dumb s would need a driver module or could be smart which wouldn't. You need to investigate your coils to answer that one

Injectors yes speedy just outputs a switched gnd on its output.

Fuel pump , really need to see the schematic on that to be certain on the connections.

Temp sensors very often are two wire, one wire is the signal the other is the sensor gnd , your speedy board will have sensor gnd pins.

Hope that helps
Thank you very much for responding!!
I was quite confused with this and thanks to your explanation I have already solved several things such as for example that my board needed a DRV8825 that I didn't even have (it is already ordered), there is no doubt that I had doubts since without it, I only had one cable to the idle and that didn't fit me and had me confused.
Although at first I didn't understand anything you had written to me because the automatic translation made things meaningless, I had to do the translation myself and after this was when I understood it.
In any case, I am going to add a photo of the board and I am going to put the pins where I think I have understood that they should be connected, and if you see that this is not the case, please tell me. I have also added the complete electrical diagram of the fuel pump in parts, in case I could look at it and tell me which pin to connect.
I will also add some photos where I think I can put the speeduino in the car and where I can run the cables for placement and operation.
Thank you so much.
Attachments
speeduino.JPG
speeduino.JPG (129.34 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
combustible.JPG
combustible.JPG (61.76 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
combustible 2.JPG
combustible 2.JPG (120.04 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
combustible 3.JPG
combustible 3.JPG (100.12 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
combustible 4.JPG
combustible 4.JPG (75.82 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
Here, where I am going to put the speeduino, cables and tube for the map sensor will sneak out of the box, which will be covered. I will fix and tape them in the same way as they do with the original wiring and that is how it will look like the vehicle itself and will not attract attention
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.14.jpeg (164.95 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.14 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.14 (1).jpeg (143.51 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.15.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.15.jpeg (149.03 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.15 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-11-13 at 17.27.15 (1).jpeg (151.33 KiB) Viewed 3301 times
Ok
So pin 26a should be connected to the fuel pump output on the speeduino.
We don't have a equivalent to what pin 12b does so either leave that disconnected, this won't affect operation as it is only for detecting the relay and fuse are functional,or you could use an auxiliary input pin if there are any spares.

B10 looks correctly connected.

The coil still needs to be confirmed if it is smart or needs an ignitor/driver.

B1 and B21 are ok , though they may need to be switched round , you will see if the trigger edge is correct when you run a trigger log and see the wave form.
B24 is TPS

B18 should be sensor gnd

B26 should be tps +5v BUT I am concerned about the other devices also connected on that wire. Do you know what the other devices are that are on that b26 connection??

CLT is correct B23

Your O2 sensor is a narrow band by the looks of it. You would be better with a wideband type with the the wideband controller output connected to the O2 input on the speeduino.

Please these are my assesment based on what I see here , I take no responsibility if any are wrong.
That said it is how I would wire it for myself.

Hope this helps.
Hello ,
thanks for responding!!
You can rest assured that I am not going to hold you responsible for anything, since I will always make the last decision. It is already too much to ask him to spend his time on me, like the other colleagues who have already done it, trying to help me and explaining things to me, for me to complain and blame him on top of that.
On the contrary, I am very grateful.
We go in parts;
1st, I think the coil is smart because it has 4 cables and comes with the module already inside. It is a dual lost spark ignition coil, a DIS coil.

2º The O2 sensor is narrow band but I have already prepared a wide band to install with a clock that tells me how the mixture is in real time. I have been using it until now to know how the car was doing, but I was using it externally.

3rd TPS: if B24 is for TPS, where would B26 be connected? At the output next to the O2 connections, which is +5V? and B18? Would it be any negative one that we have at the speeduino output? like for example the negative one next to the +5v? What was next to the O2 connector?

The devices connected to the B26 apart from the TPS are:
-Exhaust gas recirculation valve position sensor (output signal),
-Manifold absolute pressure sensor (signal output)

4th Pin B12: I am not very clear what you mean when you say connecting it to an auxiliary input pin, where on the speeduino could it be connected?

Last question:
Could or should I connect the ground cables that the original cable harness has (there are 3 in total) to the ground pins that Speeduino has? I add photos.
Attachments
speeduino 5.JPG
speeduino 5.JPG (175.46 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
speeduino 6.JPG
speeduino 6.JPG (161.92 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
speeduino 7.JPG
speeduino 7.JPG (180.66 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
placa speeduino.JPG
placa speeduino.JPG (143.5 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
Hello, after another long time without being able to do anything because of work, I have returned to the speeduino.
The other day I finally went to try to start the car...
I don't know if it was because of the nerves, the rush, the desire to see that all my work (with your help, of course) has been worth it. Let me arrive and prepare everything, connect everything, and when the time came I started the car.... What happened?? Well, it didn't start.... I checked cables, connections, etc., and it still didn't start...
All this happened in several hours.
Well, when I stopped for a second and gave up continuing, I realized that my car had a four-wire IA C!! And I hadn't connected it, but I didn't even have the plate on!!! And on top of that I didn't put the MAP sensor vacuum tube!!!
TOTAL A TRUE DISASTER!!!
Then the next day, prepare it. Plate and the. Tube.
Yesterday I went with everything connected to try again...
Connect tube, connect IAC cables...
And it didn't start either.
I checked everything again and I think I connected the cables to the IA wrong, in fact, I think I broke the IAC sensor, because now it doesn't start with the original ECU... Or I may even have broken the original ECU.
All due to a connection error and possible short circuit :(.
I have ordered another new IAC and I will try starting it with the original ecu. Hopefully there's luck and it's just that.
Anyway,
Could you help me check if I connect the cables from the speeduino to the IAC correctly?
I think my IAC has the coils as follows:
The IAC cables, ABCD, in my case it would be like this
Coil 1------- wires A and B
Coil 2------- cables C and D
Now, the speeduino cables A1, A2 and B1, B2
Where would you connect them?
I assume that in coil 1 and 2, the positives would be A and D and the negatives, which are what will make them work in one direction or another, would be B and C respectively.
Thx for help
Hello again. I already went to check the car again... my surprise was that after charging the battery and trying to start it for a while the car started!!! It seems that it had drowned in gasoline and this more than apparently a spark plug failed (at least it seems that way, since after a while it failed less), it takes away the fear of having broken the ECU, the IAC or my speeduino, due to a short circuit. You don't know the relief and joy I feel...:), yes, I have to buy new and good spark plugs, like the iridium ones, hehehe.
Now I still have to find out how the IAC is connected to the speeduino cables but to be sure, I wouldn't like to have more scares like the one the other day... so if someone can guide me a little based on what I put in the post above, I would appreciate it.
Thank you so much.
Image Congratulations! I would test the IAC pins for pairs of continuity, using the diagram in the Wiki or from the Pololu site for the DRV8825 module. Connect A and B pars to those pairs. Test for function. Reverse or re-pair as-necessary. If you find the correct combination, please post the connections here with the part number for others in the future.

Pololu also have videos to properly set the current on the module, but be aware, some clones have the setting direction reversed, so watch your meter when setting. No big deal.
Hello, thank you for responding so quickly!!! Yes, I agree!! I'll upload things when I know what it is like.
I just tested an IAC valve that I ordered new, and according to wiki, there are two forms of coils on IAC valves. According to the example on the wiki, the coils can be A and B one coil and C and D the other coil. This would be an example. the other would be A and D one, and B and C the other.
In my case I have been testing the IAC valve and they are of the first type:
A and B, C and D.
According to this, I must connect cable A1 of the speeduino to A of the IAC and cable A2 of the speeduino to B of the IAC. This in the first coil.
In the second coil it would be
B1 from speeduino to C of IAC and B2 from speeduino to D of IAC.
All this taking into account the polarities...In this case the positive ones in the IAC would be A and D, while the negative ones, which would be the ones that turn off and on so that the idle valve works, would be B and C .
The problem is that right now I don't know clearly what the positive and negative are in the speeduino. And in the IAC valve, I also don't know if the positive and negative that I have put above are correct or not.
I can check the polarity (know which is positive and which is negative) with the multimeter on the Speeduino, but I don't know if that would be the correct way to know which is positive and which is negative.
In the IAC idle valve, I don't know which is positive and which is negative and I don't know how to check it either.
If there is any other way to find out on both sites, I would appreciate it if you let me know.
Thank you so much
Attachments
VALVULA IAC  relentin  SPEEDUINO.JPG
VALVULA IAC relentin SPEEDUINO.JPG (61.62 KiB) Viewed 494 times
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-29 at 00.53.41.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-29 at 00.53.41.jpeg (130.17 KiB) Viewed 494 times
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-29 at 00.53.41 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-29 at 00.53.41 (1).jpeg (131.69 KiB) Viewed 494 times
The info is there. As before, go to the Wiki configuration section for idle valves (here), and look at the example like yours. Read more, guess less. ;)

You can't test for polarity, as the polarity reverses for operation. Locate your coils, connect using the example of your type (in that section again), and test it. If it doesn't work, switch the connections. If it runs in reverse, reverse the connections or select reverse in TunerStudio. Stuff like that. It is not rocket science, but exploring how yours works. Enjoy the exploration. 8-)

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?