For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
By cmoliveira
Hi guys,
I think they can help me! I have a VR sensor but I don't know the reference or the type of motor. This sensor is mounted on industrial equipment and I only have the dimensions.

diameter = 17.86mm
depth = 31.8mm

i find some hall sensors with this dimensions, but no lucky with vr sensor.
Anyone recognize a VR sensor with this dimensions?
By PSIG
[EDIT] You want to identify a specific sensor, or test for if it is VR or Hall?

Testing is by resistance, with two wires showing equal resistance in either direction, is VR. Resistance is typically around 500 to 1500 ohms. And, two wires will produce a weak positive voltage moving towards a ferrous object (your vise, wrench, etc) and a small negative voltage when moving away. This second test also determines polarity of connection, as (+) meter probe is sensor (+).

Hall sensors are powered, and will not read bi-directional resistance like that, nor produce any voltage on any two wires when un-powered.
By cmoliveira
PSIG wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:29 pm [EDIT] You want to identify a specific sensor, or test for if it is VR or Hall?

Testing is by resistance, with two wires showing equal resistance in either direction, is VR. Resistance is typically around 500 to 1500 ohms. And, two wires will produce a weak positive voltage moving towards a ferrous object (your vise, wrench, etc) and a small negative voltage when moving away. This second test also determines polarity of connection, as (+) meter probe is sensor (+).

Hall sensors are powered, and will not read bi-directional resistance like that, nor produce any voltage on any two wires when un-powered.
I want identify, but is important know how to test.
Thank you for your quote

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?