Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By PSIG
Always post the tune used to take the log also. We load them together to see what the data does against the tune parameters. Please.

What was your engine-off MAP kPa?
By tristessa
Whoops, forgot to attach that in my excitement earlier. Attaching it now.

Engine-off MAP is just about 100kPa on the dial in TS, maybe a hair under. There's not much elevation here, I'm barely over 200 feet above sea level.
Attachments
(82.49 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
By tristessa
I'm thinking the easier starts and happier running a few days ago were a fluke. The very next day with nothing changed on the tune, I had to fight like hell to get it started and keep it running enough to get warm enough to drive around the corner to the gas station. It had magically gone from 3/4 tank to almost empty overnight, I think it leaked back up the filler neck through a garden hose. :roll:

I've got half a mind to use what I've learned so far to start building a new tune from scratch, re-checking everything while I do so. Because something's clearly not right, and I don't know what or where.
By tristessa
After a seven month break where other projects needed my time and attention more than this, I'm getting back in the saddle on this car. It's been hibernating with the battery disconnected & on a maintenance charger, filled the tank with fresh fuel + stabilizer and made sure to run it through the pump and TB/injector so everything should be good to go.

I gave up trying to find a Mercedes distributor to modify. Made an extended drive dog and shaved a small amount from the upper neck of the distributor body to adapt an aftermarket Vanagon 2.1 distributor to the Mercedes engine, seats securely and locks down when the clamp is tightened. It's an extremely dumb distributor, with no advance mechanisms and a 3-wire Hall-effect sensor. I'll be using that with the late Vanagon ignition module and coil, and letting Speedunio control the ignition timing instead of trying to use a fuel-only setup.

MAP sensor is connected to a dedicated port in the adapter plate between the TBI unit and the intake manifold, IAT and CLT sensors are in appropriate places, O2 sensor is in the exhaust pipe just below the cast iron manifold. Still need to make a heat shield to isolate the TB and air cleaner ducting from the manifold heat. Fuel pump works and outputs the proper pressure for the TBI unit, TPS is still there and working correctly, and I'm saying all of this more to refresh my own memory than anything else. :D

Going to wipe the Speedunio and start fresh with a new tune next week. Between the ignition/distributor change, having to get a new laptop after mine was stolen, it's probably best not to muddy the waters with what I'd done with the tune last year anyway. Glad I was able to find the paper I wrote the injector flow/volume specs on, find those figures was a PITA....
NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?