For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
All data starts at byte 0( you have 2 selected on one channel.)

It appears you want to read analog 0-3 on the gpio? Do they read correctly when viewed via the gpio ini on TS?

Do you have a shared earth (0v) between the two mega boards?

Nothing else is connected to the serial3 ports other than the megas?
Ok, thanks changed the 2 to 0.
I have disconnected the bluetooth so that there is no interference, although it is connected through RX0/TX0 on the speedy.

Yes you are correct, I want to read AN0-AN3

When viewed on the GPIO it appears when I put 5v on the AN0 it reads 1023 but AN1-3 go up ranging from 937 to 1000.
Is this normal?

I don't have a shared ground, should I?

Nothing else is connected, but how can I check this?
Mouch wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:49 am Ok, thanks changed the 2 to 0.
I have disconnected the bluetooth so that there is no interference, although it is connected through RX0/TX0 on the speedy.

Yes you are correct, I want to read AN0-AN3

When viewed on the GPIO it appears when I put 5v on the AN0 it reads 1023 but AN1-3 go up ranging from 937 to 1000.
Is this normal?

I don't have a shared ground, should I?

Nothing else is connected, but how can I check this?
Yes grounds should be shared,
If you apply 5v to an0 and have nothing connected to other inputs they will be affected and show a "phantom" value . This is nothing to do with the firmware it is due to how the mega ( and most MCU for that matter)read the inputs .
You must ground tie any unused inputs via a suitable (5- 10k is good) resistor .
Mouch wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:32 am Ok, been trying a couple of things....

Downloaded and installed the GPIO STD instead of the previous one.

It seems I can't get connected when I activate CAN_COMMANDS in settings from the Project Properties.
Will this limit the communication?
The gpio std version is the last release and most recommended to use even if you don't need all the features.
Please explain what you mean by can't get connected, and limit on the communication?
@punisher454 Will do when I get it to work ;)

@Dazq When I try to enable Can Commands it won't connect. When I disable it it connected to TS.

I was thinking, if you disable Can Commands then how van you adress the ports with a Van is? Or is this a wrong thought?

Although STD shows more options, still can't get it to connect....
Mouch wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:14 am
@Dazq When I try to enable Can Commands it won't connect. When I disable it it connected to TS.
Is this on the gpio or on the speedy( both have the option)

As I said get the gpio and speedy to function on their own first, then move on to data link( first reading FROM speedy , then reading from gpio TO speedy)

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?