For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By BrianShaw
Is this board supposed to work with tuner studio? If it is I need the proper firmware to do it or the proper pinout for the board. Right now the gauges don't match the pins. The tps runs the map sensor display and temp gauges are all outta wack.

Brian
By BrianShaw
Yeah I'm past that. TS gives me unknown hardware message when updating. TS does detect and lists it with firmware uploaded with speedy loader. It sees data on the board or at least can tell offline data from burned data. I need to know what firmware version works on this board or should any firmware work provided in speedy loader.

Brian
By LPG2CV
Try eeprom clear (bottom of tunes list) as you may have corrupt tune. Then load fw (not dev), and tune, and reconfigure.
By BrianShaw
The port setting on my laptop was 9600. I cleared eeprom and that changed some things. Now TS will communicate with the board and I does let me calibrate sensors but the expected results are way off. I have considerable time in this project ( 100's of hours) and I'm not convinced the hardware works. Thanks for the help, but I've opted for something tested tried and true.

Brian
By LPG2CV
First time I've heard of issues with this board!
Are you selecting the correct board, and also the correct sensors in the calibration?
By NickZ
you can't use TS to update Speeduino Hardware. Use speedyloader for the updates, and follow the install instructions that came with your unit or contact the seller.
Did you load the ini file for Speeduino as per the instructions.
did you select the correct board layout?
By dazq
For anyone reading this in the future.
The no2c is fully supported by the STD speeduino firmware, no custom version is needed.
Be sure to select the correct board type in TS.
Read the wiki for more on installing the firmware!
Also see the wiki on first time run. You must load the default tune and calibrate the gauges .
By BrianShaw
Oh That sounded bad once I read it. Board is A++ duly noted and impressed with quality. It's easy to assemble and labeled well. The blue tooth works or at least it communicates better than the 10 others I have purchased. To be clear. There's much more hardware here than the no2c board. I've had to engineer a trigger wheel, coils, temp sensors, TPS, harness, mounting brackets for all of it and integrate into a possible wet environment.

So my system doesn't work for whatever reason. I have 100 hrs in this project and I didn't follow the directions? :) I still gotta use it somehow But I still am going to buy the proper ECM that works and piggy back this ecm. I didn't mean to offend anyone but is there anyone who has the balls to let there 15 yr old daughter drive out in the ocean with a system like this?

The only criticism I have about any of this is the lack of published details. I know it's growing but I can't find an example of what I am doing and if anyone is they are not talking or sharing. Most of the data is all general not specific and it's going to stay that way until the community grows. For example when designing the trigger wheel, how much flex in the wheel is there going to be at 8000 RPM. Hmm . how much metal does a GM sensor need to read. hmm When a tooth breaks off how many joules of energy can fiberglass stop. Hmm What attachment requirements to the crankshaft Hmm Being the sensor has pull up resistors what are my jumper settings. Hmm No answers on WiKi just generalities. I can go on for a while. It's all hardware.

Thanks for answering my questions it gets me further along.

Brian
By purplelightning
If you're still having difficulty with connection in tunerstudio, try an older firmware version from speedyloader.
The latest version (202108) seems to have some connectivity issues.

I had to downgrade the firmware on my 0.4c board to 202108 for it to communicate via USB\Com. The MEGA still appeared in appeared in device manager in windows, COM port looked good, but Tunerstudio was unable to communicate. Once I changed the firmware back to 202108 communication worked again.

Should be noted that this is not specific to NO2C.

For a marine application I would want a failover of some sort while developing the system. In my case I have a Mercruiser 3.0 that I'll convert, but I'll retain the carb for some time.... Just in case

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?