151.00 500.00 562.00 912.00
76.00 650.00 715.00 457.00
114.00 327.00 602.00 861.00
860.00 691.00 1016.00 88.00
By digmorepaka
NickZ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:54 am
114.00 327.00 602.00 861.00
860.00 691.00 1016.00 88.00
Whack! Re-run TPS calibration and give it absolute point of 327 and 602. Don't forget to burn the calibration afterward to save it to EEPROM.
By GDelooze
Hi All, Where are we at with DBW? I have specific requirement for a Sporting Trials car where we use very low RPM and gentle acceleration so as not to brake the very limited traction we have on slippery steep surfaces. I have chosen to use Speeduino to control my fuel injection because its unaffected by extreme non level orientation in a sport where carburetors are still common along with their problems. I need good low RPM lugging power hence the need for accurate FI and ignition timing and will be playing with dual variable cam timing. It also occurred to me that DBW could be advantageous with the possibility of a fast response anti stall system and non-linear pedal against throttle mapping so here I am. What can I buy PnP from you lads because Im a long way behind designing PCB's and I got the rest of the car to build.

Yes I'm aware of the safety aspect of DBW but I'm pioneering here and I've already experienced two incidents of conventional cable throttles stick on full throttle so it doesn't concern me as I have a clutch and an ignition off switch which are both controlled by my brain. I would happily use a single channel system without the second checking safety channel if it makes it any easier.

I really appreciate the work put in by:-
DStage
NickZ
digmorepaka
JHolland
Lucas@AirLift
etc.
I would also like to hear more from flex-Ale as it sounds like he has a working work around using Idle stepper channel controled by Tunner S. Unless I'm mistaken.

Thanks in advance for any help.
GDelooze wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:20 pm Hi All, Where are we at with DBW? I have specific requirement for a Sporting Trials car where we use very low RPM and gentle acceleration so as not to brake the very limited traction we have on slippery steep surfaces.
This particular project is at a point where it's yet to actually have been used on a car. So far only basic bench testing has been done to validate implementation of it's features.
GDelooze wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 2:20 pm What can I buy PnP from you lads because Im a long way behind designing PCB's and I got the rest of the car to build.
Currently, the project is in it's infancy. My test reference is in the github repo, it's THT from parts that i had laying around on my desk so not very space optimized. Does not yet have idle control, currently only have that hacked together on the one on my bench. Once I work on that a bit more i will update the PCB design. If you're not intimately comfortable with tasks such as PCB design but more debugging (spaghetti) C++ then I would suggest against using this just yet.

Issues ranging from not yet being tested on an actual car(I have some jitter concerns), down to the awful UI. I cannot recommend anyone consider this "just wire it up and punch in the numbers" level of ready to use at the moment.

https://lowcostracingsolutions.co.uk/fl ... oller.html Here's what I would suggest using instead for the time being.
@NickZ I have uploaded what I was working on. Analog input for idle control, and I have added a secondary setting for big throttle target difference and low throttle target difference to change the transient opening speed. In hard it's a low pass filter connected to POT_IDLE pin. If you attempted to get the software PWM counter working ad succeeded feel free to share that version
By NickZ
I have rewritten my own version now, Might not be a sophisticated, but does the job.
ive use a little of digmorepaka code.
basically safety is implemented in a way it looks at where the throttle plate is and if its too far off from the pedal it will generate error and disables the throttle motor to drop the throttle plate back.
uses both of the pots on throttle and pedal to compare values.
Idle PWM works .
Uses 2 buttons one for the throttle calibration and one for pedal calibration.
No need for any serial interface.
Final version will be tested hopefully by the end of the week on Hardware Ive produced.
One version is for stepper motor socket integration.
I also don't want to hi jack this thread so i will update on a new thread soon.
By GDelooze
digmorepaka wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:02 pm
This particular project is at a point where it's yet to actually have been used on a car. So far only basic bench testing has been done to validate implementation of it's features.

Currently, the project is in it's infancy. My test reference is in the github repo, it's THT from parts that i had laying around on my desk so not very space optimized. Does not yet have idle control, currently only have that hacked together on the one on my bench. Once I work on that a bit more i will update the PCB design. If you're not intimately comfortable with tasks such as PCB design but more debugging (spaghetti) C++ then I would suggest against using this just yet.

Issues ranging from not yet being tested on an actual car(I have some jitter concerns), down to the awful UI. I cannot recommend anyone consider this "just wire it up and punch in the numbers" level of ready to use at the moment.

https://lowcostracingsolutions.co.uk/fl ... oller.html Here's what I would suggest using instead for the time being.
OkThanks, Ill start a new topic and throw it out there. RM are just up the road from me, I was hoping for something more integrated.
Graham
I think I may have reached the limitations of the d-stage controller and may need to jump on this project. Is the code stable enough for on vehicle use? I can order up some pcbs and parts tomorrow :mrgreen:
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?