Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By jonbill
If turning speeduino off and on again gets it to start, it might be the additional priming pulse gave it enough fuel to start. Perhaps it just needs more fuel?
a log would be good :)
By MattSkelton
I connected up the laptop started the log and would it cut out would it heck!

Anyhow it also does it on start up when warm, i start it catches revving at 2000rpm and then boom off, so would that mean it isnt the fuel as it should still be on ASE?
By LPG2CV
The intermittant cut outs could be a poor 12v supply, or bad speedy voltage regulator. The 5v from laptop would keep the proccessor working.
By MattSkelton
I thought that too... Its one of those annoying faults which i want to iron out but could take some time
By MattSkelton
I have been trying to work out why i have random cutouts requiring a reboot of the Speeduino . If moving a flick of the ignition allows it to bump start.

Anyway think the fuelling is good so thought perhaps its a fault with the relay driving the fuse box I am using so thought i would try a different supply.
The strange thing i found was i could start the car without 12v being supplied to the ECU, so where was this supply coming from it appears its the 12v to the IAC9V . Its a 3 pin bosch type so 12v to pin two pf the IACV , pin 1 and 3 to the speeduino pins allowing it to earth each as it needs, at least thats how i have it wired up.
I took the fuse out supplying the IACV and it shuts off, have i wired it up wrong or do i need some diodes on my earths.
By LPG2CV
It's not imposible for the alternator to bleed back throuh the dash charging light. The symptom of this, is the engine running on after the ignition is turned off. Usually cured by a diode.
By MattSkelton
I have previously fitted a diode to the exciter wire to cure that exact problem.

I have the ignition running off a new fuse box which is activated by the ignition and a relay.

Both the ECU , Coil , Injectors, Tacho driver, and IACV are driven from this box. Now if I cut off the ignition it cuts the relay and power to the fuse box and it turns off. Now if i leave ignition on and remove the wire to the ECU the car keeps running pull the IACV fuse and it stops. The reason this bothers me is the random cut outs of the engine and I am thinking this voltage supply feeding back via the IACV is part of the problem... just need to eliminate it to be sure.

Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor: Cherry […]

Thanks for guiding me, I've been busy these past f[…]

Today I was with the car again looking for what co[…]

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?