For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By dazq
PSIG wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:43 pm Cool. 8-) As you create the project outline, I would like to add a few "universal" features that could be applied to specific projects. Wish List examples could be:
  1. basic switch (full on/off from high or low input, serial 0/1, etc)
  2. rotary input (dial the force and press (switch above) to engage/disengage)
  3. multi-button panel operation (switches or touch data) for per-wheel braking (cutting),
  4. Serial and CAN options to integrate to whatever else.
I would look to combine these functions, such as a rotary dial switch combining #1 and #2, adding a #3 5-button for cutting with adjustable drag, e.g., selectable by wheel (press#1 > LF > dial drag; press#2 > RF …), etc. How's that addition to your planning doc? :lol:
So in answer to the ideas list.
1. Done, for pin input the pin is selectable, my switch uses an analog signal to deal with error checking, but a digital switch could be used. Re serial and can see 4.
2. Have t othink about that as the open close position has no positive positional feedback.
3.now it has been mentioned I will look at adding an option to split the input trigger left/right . I will have to see how many pins I have available ( this uno sized esp32 board is quite limited)
4.can operation will defo be a feature as my key operations ,lights etc are all via the bus on broadcast .

One additional unlisted I will be adding is the not test mode. I am still deciding how to initiate this but it will likely be similar to the OEMs.

Something I forgot to mention in my initial post is that as with all my projects full code and details will be released open source
By PSIG
dazq wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:49 am 2. Have t othink about that as the open close position has no positive positional feedback.
Depending on other things not thought-of :lol:, either simply drag by test or feel (more knob = +current = +drag), or as a % of max calibrated current (for digital monitoring)?

Are you planning ACS chip current measuring or something similar?

With these combinations, I can see stuff like rally-braking with a shifter button to punch ON 60% LR with ON 40% RR; or dialed roll-control (line lock) for drag staging you can push through; or power-preload the suspension for launch, or many other creative combinations. Image The biggest drawback I see for most of these working is the speed of the caliper motors for engage and release. Hmm…
By dazq
The driver chip I am using , the vnh5019 has internal current monitoring.. see link for details.
https://www.pololu.com/product/2507

Operation and release times are surprisingly quick,not as quick as a hydraulic operation though.

The range of motion is very small with current ramping up very quickly as full clamp is achieved, certainly not a linear curve :-)
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?