Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Here's a brief list of the things I'm planning on working on through December:
  • Accuracy testing of multi-cylinder timing. 2 channels (For 4 cylinders) injection and ignition are working, but I haven't yet verified the accuracy of them in relation to each other
  • Track down an issue where there can be multiple spark or injection pulses within a single 360 crank degree revolution. DONE! Problem turned out to be an overflow of an int when setting the schedule. Primarily affected high tooth count wheels (60-2) at lower RPM, though the problem could occur (less frequently) with just about any combination
  • Modular wheel decoding. This is going to take some time, but I want to put the groundwork in place at least that will allow this. Priority will be implementing non-missing tooth wheels (Untimed)
  • Sensor calibrations. I'm not happy with the way sensor calibrations (CLT, IAT and O2) are being handled and I'm not as confident as I'd like that these are therefore returning accurate values. The best solution for this requires using a lot of the EEPROM memory, which I am hesitant to do incase it is needed for the future. TPS calibration values are not affected, these are working fine.
By noisymime
plazomat wrote:Thanks for the update Josh - I gotta ask what are you using as a test bed?
A lot of this work is now done on the scope as it's more accurate and useful than on an engine itself. For real world testing I'm using a 1.5L Lancer engine on a stationary rig (Or occasionally a single cylinder mower engine if I'm lazy)

What I'm REALLY lacking is a drivable vehicle I can test on. I'm looking into options for this at the moment as I need it for proper testing of the acceleration enrichment etc.
By dangeros
Hello !
I have been following your source for the development of about 1.5 years.Do not want be categorical , but in your code is the number of errors
- 2D interpolation does not work, calibration does not work.
Furthermore are other , accidental or deliberately allowed errors. However basic idea is good .To your base, I have developed their own version , which is
broadly in line with MS1_Extra features.
The code is to tested on the real car- PUG106 Xsi .
If you're interested , I can share a code and listen to your assessment.
Sorry for bad english.

Respectfully,Harry.

dangeros@inbox.lv
By noisymime
dangeros wrote:Hello !
Hi! Thanks for dropping by.

dangeros wrote:I have been following your source for the development of about 1.5 years.Do not want be categorical , but in your code is the number of errors
- 2D interpolation does not work, calibration does not work.
Calibrations doesn't surprise me, it's one thing I am hoping to fix shortly. 2D interpolations though I'm curious about. This has (seemingly) been working ok for me and I've not see any errors. There were a few issues early on, particularly when the ability to do 16 bit values was added, but I hadn't seen any errors recently. Are you able to give an example? (Feel free to open up a bug ticket at https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/issues)
dangeros wrote:I
The code is to tested on the real car- PUG106 Xsi .
If you're interested , I can share a code and listen to your assessment.
I would definitely love to see any work you've done on this. Are you able to post the code anywhere?
By noisymime
plazomat wrote:Hi Josh, kick starter this project to get you a test car...rusefi generated a bunch of cash this way...I'd be in.
When things are a bit more advanced, I will definitely consider this seriously. I'd like to be more comfortable with certain features being complete before doing that though.

My daily driver just spat an exhaust valve into the cylinder, taking it out completely. Seems like I might have a 3 cylinder candidate car :lol:

Never mind i see it does not support Mas Air Flow

Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?