Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Ilotalo
I have had spark plugs NKG DCBR7E, BKR6E and BKR5E. I have had spark plug cap 0.4mm, 0.6mm, 0,8mm, 1.0mm 1.2mm. No help.

Base timing seems to be ok when i checked timing ligh.

Yes i have Fex fuel sensor!

I'm not using 7ms dwell. I have test dwell from 7ms to 2 ms. No help. That's why i update my firmware so i can get dwell map. No help.

That problem feels spark problem, but i don't know what happens. Aftee 6000 rpm it works fine to limitter 7400 rpm.
By jonbill
Your tune has an IACAlgorithm="PWM simpel" which isn't supported by the 202108 firmware - where does that come from?
do you have a custom firmware?
By jonbill
Your VE table suggests that peak torque coincides with your misfires. what coils are you using? maybe they don't have enough oomph.
By Ilotalo
Now i have build Toytota coils and no help for this problem. Same spot same problem.

Here is all data from that car. As you can see after 3000, 4500 rmp some drops.
Attachments
(64.83 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
(982.89 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
By Ilotalo
Here is new picture from oscilloscope. Why there is 1ms dwell time difference in 1 ignition channel? 2, 3 and 4 dosen't have this problem.
Attachments
Spark.jpg
Spark.jpg (204.83 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
By jonbill
Where do you see the 'misses' in the log? what time and values indicate it?

I don't know why one cylinder would have shorter dwell than another. But 2ms dwell seems short even when it's not shortened.
Also - I don't know much about turbo engines, but isn't 12 degrees advance at 4500 likely to generate a lot of heat quickly?
Last edited by jonbill on Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
I did not review your tune, but from the log I see you have some work left in tuning; however that doesn't appear to be the primary cause and I understand the pause in tuning to resolve this "misfire" issue. I see what I assume is your issue in the log, shown below in the rpm/s trace, and beginning around 4300 rpm. There also appears to be some effect in MAP, but it does not appear to be sympathetic to the rpm/s cycling.

Other typical indicators are missing, possibly suggesting an external source. I would do some acceleration testing under different conditions, e.g, 80% throttle, lower or higher traction surface, on a dyno, etc. Have you checked other possibilities, such as clutch slip/chatter, converter surging, wheel hop, broken mounts, etc? By appearances, you have more than one issue at-play here.

graph.png
graph.png (42.55 KiB) Viewed 5697 times
By miker
Can I ask to clarify some terms. I've done a lot of work looking at the code in this area recently whilst coding a new decoder.

Does the engine miss - ie completely miss a spark event. So instead of firing 1 2 3 4 it goes 1 2 4?
Or address you saying that
A specific spark event is occasionally or always early or late or both?
Or
Random spark events are occasionally or always early / late / both?

What is the biggest gap you've seen & the normal variance you see?

What other features do you have enabled (vvt, boost control etc) and what sort of board, is it a mega based or something else?

(At work so can't look at the files you've added)
By Ilotalo
When you understand that problem and then look that code you can find where that problem is. This only happens in 1 ignition channel.

There is no problem in decoder. Problem is in dwell timing.
By Ilotalo
Has anyone looked this?

What this part of code is doing in Speeduino.ino?
Code: Select all
#if defined(USE_IGN_REFRESH)
        if( (ignitionSchedule1.Status == RUNNING) && (ignition1EndAngle > crankAngle) && (configPage4.StgCycles == 0) && (configPage2.perToothIgn != true) )
        {
          unsigned long uSToEnd = 0;

crankAngle = getCrankAngle(); //Refresh with the latest crank angle
          if (crankAngle > CRANK_ANGLE_MAX_IGN ) { crankAngle -= 360; }

//ONLY ONE OF THE BELOW SHOULD BE USED (PROBABLY THE FIRST):
          //*********
          if(ignition1EndAngle > crankAngle) { uSToEnd = fastDegreesToUS( (ignition1EndAngle - crankAngle) ); }
          else { uSToEnd = fastDegreesToUS( (360 + ignition1EndAngle - crankAngle) ); }
          //*********
          //uSToEnd = ((ignition1EndAngle - crankAngle) * (toothLastToothTime - toothLastMinusOneToothTime)) / triggerToothAngle;
          //*********

refreshIgnitionSchedule1( uSToEnd + fixedCrankingOverride );
        }
  #endif
Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Honda J30 running

Okay, we now need to talk about violence and backg[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?