For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By kimdrummel
noisymime wrote:Love your updates, very helpful. 2 steps forward, 1 step backwards :?

I've pushed up a couple of changes just now that should both fix this issue and let it sync up a bit faster. These are a little more substantial and I haven't scoped them yet, so small chance of chaos :lol:

Just tried it, and it did the same thing, with the difference of it doing it also without having to power cycle the board. It doesn't seem to pick up any RPM until the cam sync has passed the trigger, which i believe is intentional? but instead it's getting that 10k+ rpm spike everytime i begin anew from 0 rpm and it passing the sync trigger. After that it works like normal.
The first post asked for info about the 4AGE dizzy setup and how its similar to the Toyota 24+2 as posted here....
I did a lot of work in 2014+2015 on the Toyota MR2 ECU (AW11 model) with the 4AGE engine (ahh good oll Motorola assembler). This engine uses a 24+4 dizzy also found in the xA-FE range of engines (where x = 3,4,5 etc). I used a 5A-FE dizzy(build in coil removed) to simulate/stimulate the 4AGE ECU on the bench (as the pulse pattern is the same...)

Here is a few pictures of the 5A-FE dizzy:
5AFE-1.JPG
5AFE-1.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 9298 times
And at a slightly different angle:
5AFE-2.JPG
5AFE-2.JPG (2.29 MiB) Viewed 9298 times
Also attached is a page from (one of many) 4AGE manuals with a diagram of the AE,AT and AW Toyota MR2 models using the 4AGE engine:
(272.26 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Cheers
Steve.
Just as a side note (and this may need its own post in the future) but relates to the Toyota 24+2, here is a picture of a 13B Mazda RX7 CAS.
It uses a 24+2 tooth setup. The catch being that the 2 tooth wheel indicates which injector bank to fire and when....
Rx7.JPG
Rx7.JPG (2.27 MiB) Viewed 9298 times
And a page attached of yet another car manual regarding the pulse train and its usage within the factory ECU.
(61.31 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Cheers
Steve.
By kimdrummel
Hmm, interesting. I also have a 4A-GE dizzy, coming from an AE92 fwd corolla. Haven't got around to look at the trigger pattern though. I'm gonna do that so we can compare the triggers.

Also very interesting that the 13B dizzy basically looks like it has the same type of pattern as the 3S-GE toyota series of engines. The only difference being that the sync has one extra tooth. Maybe we can get some rotary support somewhere along the line. :)
By noisymime
kimdrummel wrote:
noisymime wrote:Ok, I'll have a chance to investigate this properly tomorrow and will have a fix out then
Great!

Standing by for testing. :)
OK, pretty sure I figured out what was actually going on here. I've just pushed up a small fix for this if you have a chance to test at any stage.

To answer your question from earlier, the intended behaviour is that RPM will read 0 until the cam tooth passes the sensor.
By kimdrummel
noisymime wrote:
kimdrummel wrote:
noisymime wrote:Ok, I'll have a chance to investigate this properly tomorrow and will have a fix out then
Great!

Standing by for testing. :)
OK, pretty sure I figured out what was actually going on here. I've just pushed up a small fix for this if you have a chance to test at any stage.

To answer your question from earlier, the intended behaviour is that RPM will read 0 until the cam tooth passes the sensor.
Great, i'll test it when i get back home from school tonight. :D

Edit: Good news, it seems like the problem is solved. Awesome work Josh! I guess next stage is some field testing on a car. :)
By NickZ
Have you tested this yet?
I'm interested to know as I'm setting one up on a 4agte.

I would like to know what setting you have. I'm currently running a Haltech Sprint but have a issue with it and want to try/test speeduino on it.
By kimdrummel
NickZ wrote:Have you tested this yet?
I'm interested to know as I'm setting one up on a 4agte.

I would like to know what setting you have. I'm currently running a Haltech Sprint but have a issue with it and want to try/test speeduino on it.
I haven't tested it on any car yet. But bench testing with the dizzy works fine. Does the 4A-GTE trigger look the same as in the pics on the first page?

I have the main trigger input hooked to the 24 pin trigger and the second trigger input hooked to one of the cam sync triggers. In trigger settings you need to pick dual wheel mode and choose 12 teeth on the main trigger and 1 tooth on the secondary trigger.

You also need to run the signal through a VR conditioner like the MAX9926 as i have done here.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?