Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By evo_lucian
I have been at it for a while now, and for the life of me i cannot get launch control to activate. I have it set to pin 12 which according to the wike is Gnd, that in turn goes to my clutch switch. I have even tried grounding the wire to the chassis with no success. Has anyone successfully used launch control on their v0.4 ?
By vissi
I was just about to ask this question myself!

The miata 1.6 interface for the v.04 has a small circuit ending on pin 14 as the clutch input.

I tried briefly last night but it did not seem to work.

I attached the diagram for the clutch circuit in the miata interface.
Attachments
clutchIn.jpg
clutchIn.jpg (21.1 KiB) Viewed 6251 times
By noisymime
There were a few rough edges on the launch control code and I've just pushed up some changes to git that fix a few of these. In particular the hard limit appears not to be working as expected, so that has been fixed.

The launch in can now be triggered on either a high signal or a low signal. OEMs tend to use a combination of ground and 12v switches on the clutch. The additional circuit on the Miata board is a simple voltage divider + zener regulator that brings this 12v down to 5v.

Feel free to give the new code a try off git now if you want, otherwise it will be part of the March release.
By evo_lucian
vissi wrote:I was just about to ask this question myself!

The miata 1.6 interface for the v.04 has a small circuit ending on pin 14 as the clutch input.

I tried briefly last night but it did not seem to work.

I attached the diagram for the clutch circuit in the miata interface.
I may be wrong but isn't pin 14 Low Current Output 1 which if I am not mistake is fuel pump output ?
By evo_lucian
noisymime wrote:There were a few rough edges on the launch control code and I've just pushed up some changes to git that fix a few of these. In particular the hard limit appears not to be working as expected, so that has been fixed.

The launch in can now be triggered on either a high signal or a low signal. OEMs tend to use a combination of ground and 12v switches on the clutch. The additional circuit on the Miata board is a simple voltage divider + zener regulator that brings this 12v down to 5v.

Feel free to give the new code a try off git now if you want, otherwise it will be part of the March release.
thanks for the response. I will try it out and report back.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?