For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By fram
The question for all is: Can you tell me what your envisioned PDC will do, in detail?
Ah, that's what we call "customer product requirements" :D
So, as starting point, my suggestions:

- 8 or 16 high side outputs, could be: 4 x 25A and 4 x 16A, or 8x 25A and 8 x 16A
- Overcurrent and over heating protection for each outputs
- Current and voltage measurment for each outputs
- Led status for each outputs
- PWM available for 25A outputs (programmable Duty C. and frequency for each outups)
- Soft Start available for 25A outputs
- Delay available for each outputs
- +5V/1A output for sensors or other purpose
- Thermal sensors on board to monitor PDM temperature (x3)
- 4 to 8 inputs, could be analog for extra sensors, or used for external switch/other purpose.

-USB interface for FW update/soft control/config. (Tuner studio?)
-CAN BUS for Speeduino com.

My 2 cents
By dazq
Fram that looks like the right sort of spec list

The selection of driver devices is the key to a make or break device :-)

I have long believed a motherboard with the CPU and core interfacing with a daughter carrying the actual drivers would be the smartest route, that way if a user or otherwise cannot source the chosen drivers they could redesign just the driver board to sit onto the motherboard as is
By PSIG
dazq wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:58 pm…I have long believed a motherboard with the CPU and core interfacing with a daughter carrying the actual drivers would be the smartest route, that way if a user or otherwise cannot source the chosen drivers they could redesign just the driver board to sit onto the motherboard as is
Good direction I think, for hardware. Likewise, the modular concept can be towards size, IO and amps. A motorcycle could use 3 little PDCs with 2 or 3 outputs each of low-amps, while a big project could use dozens of various amp circuits. The base-board could be modular for expansion, allowing multiple output drivers of appropriate type and capacity. Are your powering a go-cart or a motor-home? Design it to (reasonably) capture anything by optioned expansion. Presumably, code would follow the concept. Image

Do the objectives involve standalone power management (smart fuse-box), or external control managed by the PDC?
By PSIG
Enriketo wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 pmIt seems interesting, but those effuses only take 10 amps. at most and is not valid for this app. or I'm wrong?
It is food for thought (not for what it is), as we do not have a clear vision of exactly what this "PDC" could or would do. We have some ideas, but no structure to its function. Is it a "smart" fuse box? Or, is it a control box (ECU) that receives CAN messages from Speeduino to "turn ON fuel pump", then activates the power supply with PWM to control pump speed, etc? Or, both? How universal is it? Would it be modular or expandable? And so on.
PSIG wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:29 pm My question is to first-step concept. What does it need to do? Then we can look into what hardware and methods could accomplish that to-do list. I'm suggesting this, as there is a tendency for projects to follow what chips, hardware or software can do, rather than what needs to be done. …
Back to my question for everyone to consider and suggest a list of functions to capture most users and their needs. I like the basic idea, but it needs an outline to develop. The better we do on this first step, the more awesome it will be, and to more users.
By NicoEFI
Hello
I am currently building a pdm module.
It is specific for my use in competition.
I am using a feather-m4-can card
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-fea ... an-express
The control part receives the information either from the switches or from the ECU via CAN BUS. Then come command the power.
I use Porwer mosfets BTS50020-1TAD.
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product ... 0020-1tad/
20220201_213822.png
20220201_213822.png (918.26 KiB) Viewed 6823 times
20220201_213801.png
20220201_213801.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 6823 times
272284325_335117358509700_7398270924463527053_n.jpg
272284325_335117358509700_7398270924463527053_n.jpg (124.19 KiB) Viewed 6823 times
power_board_V2_puissance pcb.PNG
power_board_V2_puissance pcb.PNG (249.22 KiB) Viewed 6823 times
power_board_V2_commande pcb.PNG
power_board_V2_commande pcb.PNG (277.84 KiB) Viewed 6823 times
By dazq
As usual your work is superb! The Sam MCU are nice devices.

I notice however you don't seem to have the sense pin on the drivers connected? Even if your code doesn't support it right now , for future it could be nice to design the appropriate circuitry in place now .

What have you come up with for code so far?
By NicoEFI
Yes not e the sense pin connected because I didn't understand everything about how it works, and I'm not able to make a software to manage the intensities and remove the fuses (windows, android). Maybe the community will give me a solution.
I work on the code.
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?