For any add-on boards such as VR conditioners, optos and OEM interface boards
By plazomat
NicoEFI wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:14 pm Hi,
Are there people interested in creating a pdm based on Mosfet?
The idea is to replace the relays with mosfets and remove the fuses.
by switch On/off or by ecu switching to ground for control pump, fan , light...
Maybe using infineon technology?
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon- ... 13cfd57769

pdm ECU Master.jpg
What did you have in mind? I could lend some Schematic-PCB design to a collaboration. Have no immediate use for this but would work it into a project somewhere.

Plaz
By dazq
I have been working on a tweeked version of gpio for a while with pdu/pdm features but not ever decided on a specific hardware platform for general use. I mean I know what I am using but it needs a more universal io selection for general use .
By PSIG
Yes.Image In a general sense, and to make it more flexible for application, the MOSFET outputs could/should be modular with single and multiple "relay" replacements on unbroken strips/blocks, so the user can opt for 1 or 3 or 8 or whatever with simple solder bridges between them for convenient connection to control and power.

Additionally or alternatively, power card-edge connectors so they are plug-in. Both P-FET and N-FET versions (or bootstrapped N-FETs), e.g., both high and low-side, should be available with modular connect ability. Just thinking out-loud for basic planning.

@dazq has worked on the "brains" for some time, and we now need the basic layout, hardware and application design concepts. 8-)
By Enriketo
It seems to me a very interesting application. Some time ago I saw a Spanish company that manufactures similar modules for competition that are activated by canbus.
The utility is to simplify electrical installation and to be able to eliminate many meters of traditional.
activate the electric pwm fan and even the starter motor! cable. can bus + transistors = -cables, no relay, no fuses, and all the outputs were programmable (warnings, cut current due to high consumption like a traditional fuse ...)
I like the idea a lot. ;)
Last edited by Enriketo on Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fram
I'm in if you start a design. I had a look at some interesting devices like:
-ST VN70xx range
-Infineon BTS70xxx range

But the issue at the moment is IC shortage components. Most of them are out of stock, and will not be available before 1st or 2nd quarter 2022. :?
Last edited by fram on Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
My question is to first-step concept. What does it need to do? Then we can look into what hardware and methods could accomplish that to-do list. I'm suggesting this, as there is a tendency for projects to follow what chips, hardware or software can do, rather than what needs to be done.

Without opening to random brainstorming (which can be very productive), I'll kick something out to start from a known point by comparison. Obviously, this is not what we would want for anything resembling a final product, but it's a random place to begin discussion:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product ... -moth-brd/

Using this "12V automotive" power distribution evaluation board and its features, how would this project be similar or different in concepts (functions, usage, modular flexibility, etc)? If there is a better way to launch outlining the project goals, please suggest it.
By Enriketo
Looking at the data of the infineon mosfets I see that in order to program them they have their own software and a usb interface.

Is it possible to program it to use them as "fuses" controlling the current or "high current pwm relays"?

My knowledge of electronics is limited ... and the hardware part seems to be able to be solved more or less easily, because in the data of the mosfet they come with diagrams and components.

But I have the doubt of how to communicate speeduino with the pdm module, by serial 3? and how to add orders to the infineon mosfet without depending on its software or even better without needing the € 60 stick.
By PSIG
The focus at this point for me is not specific hardware, but the goals and objectives of the project. The Infineon example was only to provide a comparative example of a PDC basis for discussion. How it's programmed or communicates is secondary at this point, and I certainly do not wish to bog the conversation, but I can't get my head around a project that has no definition. You have to clearly see the target if you're going to hit it. ;)

The question for all is: Can you tell me what your envisioned PDC will do, in detail?
By Enriketo
From my point of view it would be enough to control the pwm fan, the fuel pump, feed the electrovalves (turbo, vvt ...) the ignition coil and injectors and so on. Eliminate fuse wires and relays that are prone to failure. Where to start ?? Sorry if the English is not very good but it is thanks to the Google translator!
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?