Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
Time to share the news. Using whatever was avaible in the workshop and trusting my pigwelding skills, the manifolds are here! ( please dont mind the mess behind it)
IMG_20211015_190128814.jpg
IMG_20211015_190128814.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
And the future fuel rail too. Map and IAT will be installed on the bigger top tube, above the injectors. Any chances to the IAT heat soak in this position?
IMG_20211015_193032165.jpg
IMG_20211015_193032165.jpg (1.28 MiB) Viewed 5225 times
PSIG wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:59 pm I would leak-test (pressure, vacuum, liquid, smoke, whatever) before finishing. Function is required, appearance is not. ;) Do your thing!
There are still some holes to be rewelded, finishing will be done only if it works in the end. :roll: The double 28mm throttle plates may not be enough, will try them anyway.
Dont you forget about me, the project is not dead, not yet. One thing leads to another and even the seats are being rebuilt. Right now im working on the wiring and i have a doubt about wiring the injectors. There are 4 injectors to be wired in pairs. The speeduino have 2 pins per injector, pin 1 1/2 and pin 40 2/2 for injector 1. Do these outputs share the same signal or only one pin is used to fire 2 injectors?
roger.rrgt wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:10 pm There are 4 injectors to be wired in pairs. The speeduino have 2 pins per injector, pin 1 1/2 and pin 40 2/2 for injector 1. Do these outputs share the same signal or only one pin is used to fire 2 injectors?
Injector power draw is high, so Speeduino splits the load across 2 pins, connect both pin 1 1/2 and pin 40 2/2 to Injector1. And so on for the other 3 injectors, they'll have 2 pins each.
Good to hear you're still kicking. See more IDC pin pair info here.

I wouldn't worry about the 28mm bores. Remember if for one cylinder, it must be full flow. But, for multiple cylinders per bore, no increase is necessary due to each cylinder drawing airflow at different times in each cycle. So, one 28mm bore can feed 45hp, and if shared with other cylinders (common plenum) can feed much more power as each cylinder draws air in-succession through the same bore. Many factors fall into this scenario, and some adjustment may be necessary for specific setups, but you get the idea.
Thanks for the replies. Wasnt sure about the pins and thought it was related to something like staged injection but anyway.
PSIG wrote:Good to hear you're still kicking. See more IDC pin pair info here.

I wouldn't worry about the 28mm bores. Remember if for one cylinder, it must be full flow. But, for multiple cylinders per bore, no increase is necessary due to each cylinder drawing airflow at different times in each cycle. So, one 28mm bore can feed 45hp, and if shared with other cylinders (common plenum) can feed much more power as each cylinder draws air in-succession through the same bore. Many factors fall into this scenario, and some adjustment may be necessary for specific setups, but you get the idea.
Im positive about it as the pic30 has a 30mm throttle plate and 24mm venturi so a single 28mm plate is already bigger than the carby.
How do i know if my mega pin is working? From the first page picture in this post you can see the cap C4 from CLT (by the side of adc clamp socket) has the same black spot found on the C25. Got the capacitor from C24 in place hoping to make it work, but no, no readings from the CLT sensor. IAT is working fine, so i compared both circuits and they both behave the same with 5v and ground at the same spots so component wise i dont think its the problem. How can i test the mega pin?

Other than that, progress is being made! Every other sensor is working as well as the injectors. My only doubt is the fuel pump :roll: . Reassigned the pin to boost and was hoping to see any sign of life there but also no, no grounding there. Will be testing it at vvt to see if it awakens.
roger.rrgt wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:53 pm How do i know if my mega pin is working? From the first page picture in this post you can see the cap C4 from CLT (by the side of adc clamp socket) has the same black spot found on the C25. Got the capacitor from C24 in place hoping to make it work, but no, no readings from the CLT sensor. IAT is working fine, so i compared both circuits and they both behave the same with 5v and ground at the same spots so component wise i dont think its the problem. How can i test the mega pin?

Other than that, progress is being made! Every other sensor is working as well as the injectors. My only doubt is the fuel pump :roll: . Reassigned the pin to boost and was hoping to see any sign of life there but also no, no grounding there. Will be testing it at vvt to see if it awakens.
To reuse an existing output for something else, you need to both change the pin the output is using and disable it

So if you want to use VVT output for fuel pump instead, you need to go to VVT output option NS, change the pin from default to fuel pump pin and then disable it.

Then go to fuel pump and change out to VVT pin and it will then work.

Even if something is disabled, the code doesn't allow you to use 2 pins for a single function.

Thank you for that tip - it took a few iterations […]

Yes, to minimize the number of injections for eq[…]

Hello I have a ua4c board and I just finished tuni[…]

If you want the simplest/easiest setup then you c[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?