Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
You have some weird stuff going on in that log. Please include the exact tune file used to take a log, as a pair.

Yes, agreed on all that about hardware testing. But, you can test coils on hardware test if you temporarily insert a ballast resistor into each active coil's power feed, typically just one-at-a-time for testing. Yes, the same big resistors used with old points distributor coils, with the same purpose - to protect the coil from extended over-current and over-dwell.

While not entirely risk-free, it may allow you limited testing for general spark, but is also slow enough to see when it fires (signal applied or removed, firing going high or going low).
I tried Trigger edge=Falling with basically the same results. A next step is to figure out how to view triggers in TS / logs to see how well the sensors are picking up edges. Secondary trigger edge is grayed out in tune I think because the cam sensor goes up for 360 then down for 360. I am still trying to understand decoder.ino, particularly I want to run sequential ignition but the decoder has decoderIsSequential=false. The next step I will probably to try is changing the tune to Single Channel Spark to see if that effects my logs.
I removed all wires, except those needed for crank and cam sensors, and changed the tune to Dual Wheel. I got this screenshot from the composite logger which looks as I would expect. I later realized that cam detect are set to CHANGE in code rather than just RISING or just FALLING, so in later sketches I might be getting cam detect on rise and fall. Not sure why only cam falling seems to trigger here.
Attachments
trigger_composite_log20220615.JPG
trigger_composite_log20220615.JPG (72.41 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Last edited by RowdyDouglas on Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
How meaningful and trustworthy is Sync Loss # = 0 in logs? Attached is a screenshot of log (log and tune also, I dumbed down my tune to make sure I wasn't getting interference from injector PW or something, so ignore the VE and AFR tables). As you can see I don't have any sync loss but my RPM periodically dropping off seems concerning? Thoughts?
Attachments
(11.83 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Log_quick_view_20220716.png
Log_quick_view_20220716.png (80.27 KiB) Viewed 3577 times
Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?