Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By soultron
Checking on TPS a bit. When checking the voltage from the plug the 5v and signal fluctuate 2 to 3 volts with power from the PI or from the main battery. Improving the ECM ground did nothing to improve that. While doing some research on the TPS I found this viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1367&start=10 While mine is not as wild as this example, I'm not against trying it.
By PSIG
While the Mega may be the issue, it's rare, and is more likely some corruption if it is a Mega issue. If you feel it is in the Mega, I would:
  1. Run the EEPROM_Clear.ino sketch (in the IDE examples or below) on the Mega.
  2. Load your firmware with SpeedyLoader, IDE, or PIO.
  3. Start a new project in TS.
  4. Load a Base Tune. (Always start with a Base Tune to avoid corruption)
  5. Alter the Base Tune to your engine's requirements. (Review all settings, OFF, or ON with appropriate settings for your project)
  6. If you have previous tables tuned, export them from the old tune and import them into the new tune in TS.
  7. Test for function.
If no joy, then try a fresh Mega, repeating the above, including the clearing. Also check for bent pins or pin offset to the Mega. Good luck!

EEPROM_Clear should be in your Arduino IDE example folder, SpeedyLoader menu, or below if you use something else. EEPROM_Clear.ino is simple and quick. If you see the on-board LED lighted, it's done. Remove ".txt" from the filename to run:
EEPROM_Clear.ino.txt
PSIG wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:31 pm While the Mega may be the issue, it's rare, and is more likely some corruption if it is a Mega issue. If you feel it is in the Mega, I would:
I realized I have a spare knockoff Mega but you just saved me having to take apart my board. This seems more stable already. Pay no mind to the spark advance, it's just not enabled. Thanks again.https://youtu.be/q7Pl0GagvY8
By the video, your TPS seems to be working better. Did you do this test with the key on or off? If you did it with key off that would explain some of the other random values. I notice that the MAP shows 69 in the video. It should show 100kpa +/- 2 with the key on and the engine off. Any luck lately getting your bunny to run?
zwelsh91 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:12 pm By the video, your TPS seems to be working better. Did you do this test with the key on or off? If you did it with key off that would explain some of the other random values. I notice that the MAP shows 69 in the video. It should show 100kpa +/- 2 with the key on and the engine off. Any luck lately getting your bunny to run?
I think that test was with a key off but I haven't been working on the car in a few days or more. I did figure out one of the sync issues is my trigger wheel is slipping. The screws don't go in very deep and it's moving in the slots. I got another cam gear and I'm either going to put longer screws and lock washers on or drill static holes to replace the slots. To be honest I really don't know why the map shows that way. I didn't get a reliable answer for what sensor is in the Speedy EFI.

Ha. I did a video for my Patreon actually 😅
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSI6v1gX ... e=youtu.be
I'll be darned it let me log in!
Nothing much to share but I'm fixing my sync issue hopefully. Took a while to find another crank pulley/balancer that's in acceptable shape. Gonna take a drill press to it when my garage isn't too cold. Measure five times drill once I hope.
Lots of life stuff and here we are a year later.
I swapped out the trigger wheel for a distributor signal to the ECU to trigger the coil. I think I have the static timing and setting correct but have yet to get the engine to run longer than 10 seconds.
I tried to log while cranking to see if anyone knows what I'm missing. Ign checks out and the fpr and injectors are new. I'm trying to see if my settings or basemap are just not good enough.

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

I'd be surprised if its not a 32-bit processor on[…]

I search for the datasheet of the IC and the on[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?