Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Banjo
Have just assembled a Speeduino V0.37, & am testing it on bench, & everything so far working fine. The Hall Effect Sensor I am using needs a supply of 6-36V, & won't output any pulses, with a 5V supply, so I have to use the VR board to allow me to power the Hall device from the 12V rail.

Problem is, I have no idea, which way the VR plugs into the V0.37 PCB raised headers. It has "top" & "bottom", labelled on it, so I assume "bottom" faces the V0.37 PCB. However, it can be orientated laterally, two ways.
Which way does it fit to the main board ? Also, what is the jumper J1 used for on the VR conditioner. Can't seem to find any reference to it, in the literature.
Thanks ! :?:
By JHolland
There should be a gap in the silkscreen marking and a square pad which both indicate the orientation. The square pad is pin 1.
By PSIG
Banjo wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:56 am
… The Hall Effect Sensor I am using needs a supply of 6-36V, & won't output any pulses, with a 5V supply, so I have to use the VR board to allow me to power the Hall device from the 12V rail. …
Actually, you only need a single diode anywhere in the signal line to block high-voltage signals, using the Speeduino board pullup jumper. A VR module may be used instead, but is not necessary in either complication or expense. The basic diode concept is here. It is in the "old" wiki and not yet included in the "new" Wiki for reference, so you may have missed it.
MX5/Miata PNP on 1.8 issues

@D0nny94 As for the tachometer. If you do ne[…]

Thanks Eric for pointing me to that one, basical[…]

... Thanks for picking this up - some good wo[…]

Use secondary serial. See the wiki for info on the[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?