Help with building your Speeduino, installing it, getting it to run etc.
By Ulle
Hello everybody. I am new here and have built my Speeduino 0.4.3c. Unfortunately I have a problem now: The two temperatures cannot be calibrated. The MS version is 3.1.03 and the firmware is 202005. Firmware was loaded via SpeedyLoader including speeduino base tune. Arduino is a Mega R3. With GM pre-setting of both sensors and without a J4 connection, IAT is above 120 ° C and ECT is above 80 ° C. They do not move when a sensor has been connected but only a little while the sensor pin is shorted to ground. Interesting: The IAT temperature drops when I remove the VR board or when JP4 is closed. Arduino alone without Speeduino shows both between 60 and 100 ° C. Does anyone have a solution to this problem here? Thank you.
By Ulle
Okay, I just found out something. When I remove IC4 both temperatures work better. Is it possible that this is the wrong IC? There is 1x SP721APP on the packaging. But there is something else on the IC!
Last edited by Ulle on Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ulle
LPG2CV wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 pm Welcome :)
Do you have the correct board selected in tunerstudio?
Hi.
Okay the text on the IC from my last post probably has nothing to say, the other two are also different.
I set up TunerStudio according to the instructions. When I did it all again, the temperatures got even worse. Interesting that something changes there even though all software and firmware versions are the same. I will now set it up again.
By Ulle
Now i have loaded firmware directly via arduino ide into arduino mega. I used the speeduino.ini from arduino-master folder and loaded base tune from arduino-master. Same problem.
By LPG2CV
You didnt answer my question about having selected the correct board! Its just that it clears it out of the way as a fault. :)

Without the the speedy on the mega, the valuescwill tend to float, aame when they are not connected.

I'm not an electronics wizard, but can help you over some of the more rookie issue. :D

Can you confirm you are selecting the correct sensor to configure?
By Ulle
Maybe I misunderstood something. Isn't that done when you load the .ini file into tuner studio? Where can I find the menu for right board selection?
Sensor selection is ok but ia am testing now with a resistor to ground.

By LPG2CV
Don't have it open in front of me, engine setup or something. A tab on the left, and it will be near the bottom of that page. Understand, this is just to eliminate that as a cause. :)
By Ulle
Aah :lol: yes board layout is set to 0.4

But what i do not understand is what the temperatures have to do with the VR board. Why should the temperatures change if i disconnect the vr board.... makes no sense
BMW E23 M30B28

Okay, I managed to start the engine. The &quot[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

I've managed to dig up a few obscure wiring diag[…]

Niiiice... 8-) Looking forward to your updates![…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?