Any questions you have before you begin buying, building and installing.
By panpan
@tubeglower

I am working on retrofitting a Speeduino derived board on my Yamaha GTS1000 (just lost IGN2 pin probably bad ground with temporary test layout whilst using my DIY ignition driver). This is how not to do it. :)
IMG_2264.jpeg
IMG_2264.jpeg (249.38 KiB) Viewed 5594 times
If you look at any motorcycle wiring loom, you will see failsafes and diode blocks to achieve this.

Usually there are four pins that connect into the ECU, all of them generally are ground or earth (masse) based. Usually the fuel pump is connected to a relay, and a pin from the ECU provides a ground return for the solenoid on the relay. Likewise there are side stand switches, and clutch switches that also interact with the neutral light state to interfere with say a starter relay solenoid (this relay is used for the starter, and if this is incorrect, dash lights illuminate) lastly there is a tip over switch, and these are usually two wire systems that make continuity if a tip over situation occurs. You could make this in series with the fuel pump relay solenoid ground, and that will kill the fuel pump.

I have a few spare input pins on my board, and the idea is to repurpose these to do something to recreate these failsafes, but if you are doing a plug and play type swap for a stock K100, all you need to do is study the wiring diagram, and identify the existing circuits.

Mike
By Eight20
@panpan
I love the gts1000! Such a cool looking bike with the mono arm front end.

On the K100 as standard the fuel primes when the ignition is turned on and then stops shortly after, if not exactly when the engine stops. I believe it's a stand feature of speeduino/tunerstudio that the fuel pump stops if there is no crank signal, I could be wrong though.
By panpan
@Eight20
Cheers for the GTS1000 love ;) They are great handling and heavy bikes for sure, but most things from the early 90s were, and I really like them too. :)

The tip over function exists because, in an accident, the engine could still be running, laying on it's side, throttle stuck open by handlebar on tarmac, and fuel could be still being pumped by the running/screaming engine, which might have a ruptured or split fuel line. :) A quick google and it appears not many BMWs have them... maybe it's a Japanese thing, but at least they got their priorities right with the Bulb management Unit! :p

Mike
By tubeglower
Thanks a lot Mike, this is exactly what I need: "tip over switch", and many times for the non English speaking people is difficult even to start to search in the net if you don't have the proper term... :|
And as you say, many Japanese bikes from end 90's already started to use them.

Here how the 00's GSXr model works: http://www.mototuneusa.com/gsxr_tip_over_switch.htm

In the link, it is explained how to disable it since it was too intrusive, causing accidents in the track.
So I need one from a modern bike that has been proved working good in the track. :mrgreen:
By Eight20
Off-topic but if you hadn't have mentioned the above and you said you lived in the Mediterranean area a few posts ago, I wouldn't have known English wasn't your first language. Hats off to you, sir!
By tubeglower
Eight20 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:25 am Off-topic but if you hadn't have mentioned the above and you said you lived in the Mediterranean area a few posts ago, I wouldn't have known English wasn't your first language. Hats off to you, sir!
thanks for that. I do use English as my work language (working in a multinational company, so broken English is the official language), but it is not my mother language, so I have some "holes".

I set "skip revolution" to 0 and[…]

Ha! I see you answered your own questions 8-), an[…]

If the TCM requires no reference from the ECM, t[…]

blitzbox

Reviewing the generic connection schematic of the[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?