Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By jonbill
Cyl1 exhaust being colder than the others sounds significant. If you raise the revs does the temperature even out, or do you have to raise the load before it evens out?
By LPG2CV
With your 'cold' cylinder, consider move the injector to another cylinder and see if the issue follows it.
By PSIG
+1. Focus on that cold cylinder, and everything that can affect just that one. See the examples I listed above, picking either the most likely or the easiest tests to make, such as swapping the in/out connections with the next coil or distributor tower/plug. I mentioned valve lash because we had one last month that dropped a cylinder at idle/decel, and the exhaust valve was adjusted a bit too tight. Easy fix. Ran really great after that, but it could have been anything on that one cylinder. Had another one a while back that was a cracked spark plug. Resist the urge to throw parts at it. Think of ways to track-down the actual failure point, and fix that. Technicians have found it's much quicker and cheaper that way. ;)

David
By Seke
Yes think I will have to go through all cables to cylinder 1 inj/ign.

Both fuel filter and crank sensor had to be replaced anyways ;) Old fuel filter was actually blocked and could just blow a little bit through with compressed air.. But no difference whatsoever.

Fun problems :D
By Seke
Hello again. Still now success with my misfires. Been looking at all cables to inj/ign, grounds etc. Good voltage to ecu and so on..

I haven't checked valve lashes, everything can go wrong but the engine worked fine the first starts. So I suppose nothing wrong with that.

Is it possible for map sensor to fail and give wrong value? How can I check that?

Here is a little video with the car on idle and steady throttle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PXMzx ... e=youtu.be

And here one of the first starts with the new engine, worked fine then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RObYRB ... e=youtu.be
By PSIG
Seke wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:09 pm… everything can go wrong but the engine worked fine the first starts.
If it were me, I would continue to concentrate on that cold cylinder. In the videos, the second start is of course not as stable, as it is not tuned well yet. However, I can hear misfiring and surging on the first start video also, although it's presumably better having (at least) a better tune and idle control.

While there are still odd things in your tune, from no dwell corrections to ignition timing corrections from CLT retard and IAT advance at the same time, with idle kPa at ±50 (indicating not tuned) and RPM/s unstable (indicating a problem) and GammaE running ±70%; adjusting and tuning all of those will certainly help it run better, but will not solve a cold-cylinder issue — IMO. I would go either way, tuning to make the cold cylinder issues more apparent first (to help with diagnosis), or stick to diagnosing the cold cylinder first. Take your pick.

David
By LPG2CV
Without me reading back, did you swap plugs? What is the condition of the plug on the cold cylinder?

And check, and perform tests on electrical connections, not just visually. :)

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?