For anything not related to Speeduino, but still about car/bike/boat/engines etc
Yes I read what you said!
It's not just about how YOU use your system as it is .
A lot of questions can be provoked by seeing how someone does a particular task in code.

As you say you are prepared to offer your project to us to use.if someone cannot work from what you iEvenffer then they won't use it.

if we don't use or want to use your compete code going forward perhaps extracts may be of use to help build our projects to move them on.
Maybe someone may attempt to write in TS to configure the parameters, who knows.

It's all about SHARING.
I have shared projects which although working are also still very much WIP with incomplete or non working features. Gears as an example was built right here and in realtime on slack ,with live testing and code changes made and uploaded when things didn't behave as planned, sure there's still lots to come as was with the first release of gpio but it's there for all to see warts and all , I don't care if someone doesn't like what I have done, but it may be useful to someone and it has been to many dozens of people who took out bits and added it to there own project when they needed a boost, a break , a helping hand .
If I waited until it looked pretty then it would never have been released.

So if you really want to help and share , publish your work as it is , in its state of flux or its last working variant, but publish ALL of it.
Sorry, I tried to be clear so the response would not be reactionary. I mentioned sharing info, including lessons learned, for example. Did you learn anything interesting during all of this? Do you have any suggestions for others that are interested? I don't have enough info on your project to know exactly what to ask. :(
Kinetic Research wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:32 pm Brilliant work, I for one would like to know what the scamble button does? Big red shiny buttons are usually for critical functions, however this one has me beat. Cheers.
Increases duty cycle on turbocharger wastegate solenoids to increase boost.

I think all the questions that you offered up dbl are questions that someone who's vested that far into making a controller would be able to answer relatively easily. Most of those are properties related to the frictions, fluid types, valve body and converter lock up style. Not really questions related to a generic 4l80. Especially considering the differences between early and late 4l80's.

It's cool that you did it on your own, and making a GUI work is cool too.

But lets be honest for a minute, for the sake of a larger community meta discussion...

Many people have made 4l80 controllers, many times with arduinos. Furthermore, it's not a synchronous transmission. So you could do pretty much whatever you wanted with the solenoids and you'd really have to try to hurt the trans. Provided the hydraulics are good... which is pretty easy with all the shelf parts out there.

So when we get into the more advanced transmissions that are synchronous in one way or another, where you have various materials, and positions, and speeds of clutches, releasing and applying in different situations, the understanding of both the actuating systems, the power flow, the tribological components... Then actually making that work in XYZ applications, all become critical to success.

You really can't tackle a ZF or DCT without being specific in those parameters to the application. As the synchronization of the solenoid actuation is super critical. It can enhance performance and clutch life, as well as catastrophically damage the unit.

DX Control could tackle this. I am looking into it, but it's my first tuner studio based anything really.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?