For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By Daniel26
chaoschris wrote:Time to post the first success message. We got our first engine running this week on a Blitzbox V0.0.6. Still trying to solve some problems with the onboard Lambda Controller, but the basic functions are all running fine with the lastest software release 202202 . And to answer the question of EdMcGuirk: Yes, the AO3400A are capable to drive the injectors without any problems. The engine is running semi sequential with two injectors on one channel flawlessly. So stay tuned while we try to solve the problem with the Lambda controller, hope this will be done soon...
Best regards
Chris
Any way to support you?
By chaoschris
Hi Daniel,
the newest version 0.1.2 is arriving tomorrow for bench testing. It is also planned to check it in a already blitzboxed-car this weekend. So stay tuned, we will know soon this is the final version or not....
Best regards,
Chris
By chaoschris
Hi guys,
short update from testing session last weekend. There are good news but also bad news. First the good news: The car (VW Golf Mk1 1.8 16V) is running nice and smooth with it. We only had a minor routing issue on the board which we could fix immediately. This will be fixed in final version. The onboard wideband controller is also working without any problems. Now the bad news: When you pull the USB plug, the speeduino firmware stops working and the car stops running. Not really sure what is going on here. The USB part has its own power supply from the computer side and nothing in common with the power supply of the speeduino part. So back to bench and have a look what could be wrong. At the moment I have no clue this could be a hardware error or any glitch in my speeduino firmware adaption.
Best regards,
Chris

sorry for the dirty pcb on the pic, this was due to lack of compressed air....
By flat4power
really nice work
if only I can have same board for my future project ...

For your issue when you connect to USB, is it possible your usb chip send reset to ECU ?
By runesm
Wow what a box.
Does current revision still take a single passive coil? Who do you use to assemble it, and what are the cost of the final board?

Are you running the widevand 100% on, or connected to fuelpump output before turning on?
By chaoschris
runesm wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:50 am Does current revision still take a single passive coil? Who do you use to assemble it, and what are the cost of the final board?
Are you running the widevand 100% on, or connected to fuelpump output before turning on?
Yes, the first coil channel can be optionally assembled with a MOSFET IGBT to drive a passive coil. [edited ]
The first two batches of boards have been made at JLCPCB.
The Wideband Controller is controlled with a programmable output from speeduino. You can activate it however you want, for example if rpm is greater than xxx. Also a time delay is possible. There are two conditions programmable plus optional time delay.
Best regards,
Chris
Last edited by chaoschris on Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
chaoschris wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pmYes, the first coil channel can be optionally assembled with a MOSFET to drive a passive coil.
Chris, I have not looked at your schem's, but as a "passive coil" is a "dumb coil" wouldn't you want to drive that with something other than a MOSFET? Perhaps an IGBT, HV Darlington, or typical coil-rated device. Or did you have something specific in-mind?
By chaoschris
Hello PSIG,
yes, you are absolutely right. To use the first ignition channel with a passive coil, you need a IGBT and not a MOSFET. We call them commonly "MOSFET" and I know, they aren't really pure MOSFETs. They are bipolar Transistors with a MOSFET behaviour at the Gate. You can use every available IGBT with logic level at the gate like the 14C40L, but there are existing tons of other types working for that. Sorry for causing confusion..... :mrgreen:
Best regards,
Chris

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?