For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By runesm
PSIG wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:54 pm I can see a lot of work went into this, and it could be such a popular and useful unit, it really deserves a "mini-Wiki" to collect the relevant info all in one place for easy reference. IMO that's the easiest way to support users and (mostly) avoid endless questions. :lol: As I will be preparing to go through the BlitzBox experience soon, let me know if and how I can help with this effort, for your and user community benefits. 8-)
Feel free to retype my how-to to an easier to understand and follow guide as well :)
By runesm
Not being very well versed in schematics, it looks like you can do hall crank without the max, as is stated in the documentation as well.

But the cam only goes to count2 on the max. So there's no connection around the max. So by that, without the max, you have no cam input?
By JHolland
Looking at the schematics, here are two solder pads, SJ2 and SJ5 which can be shorted - the MAX chip may need to be removed as well.
By adinx
runesm wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:22 pm
I made progress. One thing to know is, that the board IS NOT powered from the usb solder points on the board, and the d- and d+ are marked in reverse on the silkscreen.

I used the latest arduino IDE 1.x for this.
1: Connect your arduino board to be used as isp, and set arduino IDE with the right settings for that board, upload the example sketch ArduinoISP (from the example folder).

2: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp sketch. Connect blitzbox and arduino with isp with jumperwires. Connect arduino with isp sketch to computer, in arduino IDE select Mega 2560 board. In one of the drop down menu's, select burn bootloader. Wait for succesful finish.

3: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Load the modified speeduino sketch from github into arduino IDE. Connect usb to arduino with isp again. In the dropdown menu called "sketch", choose upload using programmer. Wait for finish, takes some minutes.

4: Disconnect usb for arduino with isp. Remove all jumper wires but not gnd and 5v.

5: reconnect arduino with isp to usb. Start tunerstudio. New project. Detect. When it finds the speeduino, remember to used the modified speeduino.ini from the github.

And from here its regular speeduino setup
Thank you very much on your detailed explanation, i just did as above instructions and i confirm it work correctly for both microchip mega2560 and 328p.

i would like to know if it is possible to use drv8825 as external board to control idle stepper motor.

Thank you everyone.

Anyway forgot to mention i use the latest version Rev0.1.9 board.
Last edited by adinx on Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
runesm wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:54 amBut the cam only goes to count2 on the max. So there's no connection around the max. So by that, without the max, you have no cam input?
I would ask for input such as this before finalizing v0.2, as there are a number of minor cleanups and options to consider. There may be/are good reasons to have done certain things, but users should also be aware of them, to appreciate or take advantage of them; e.g., the cam input options, non-referenced terms or labels such as Disco and LMM, advantages to no power on USB, etc. Some of this info for the Wiki, and others for application options. It appears to be very close to final, and I'd love to see that last bit done to "put a bow on it". :D LMK how best to help!
By runesm
PSIG wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:36 pm
runesm wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:54 amBut the cam only goes to count2 on the max. So there's no connection around the max. So by that, without the max, you have no cam input?
I would ask for input such as this before finalizing v0.2, as there are a number of minor cleanups and options to consider. There may be/are good reasons to have done certain things, but users should also be aware of them, to appreciate or take advantage of them; e.g., the cam input options, non-referenced terms or labels such as Disco and LMM, advantages to no power on USB, etc. Some of this info for the Wiki, and others for application options. It appears to be very close to final, and I'd love to see that last bit done to "put a bow on it". :D LMK how best to help!

So you see the cam input the way i do as well?

But yea, having a lmm input is... Well... For logging and comparing in megalogviewer perhaps, but thats about it.
By tooly
iam working on this cam problem without max9926
By chaoschris
Hi guys,
some good news upon end of the year:
BlitzBox is now officially supported in speeduino firmware (pull request #1148).
You can compile the the official code by your own or wait until next official release/update from noisymime.
There will also show up soon a newer pcb release with optimized handling for environments with hall sensors (without MAX9926)
Best regards and happy holidays,
Chris
By PSIG

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?