For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By maisdc
lsdlsd88 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
maisdc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:19 pm The vehicle is of daily use, conventional use, is not for use in competitions, so it is constantly idling at every corner, stop, other intervention that may occur on the road.
but i never said to idle at 12:1... I meant only on those cells that you visit for a split second when blipping the throttle
I understood, but it would be interesting that acceleration enrichment could work with rotations less than 1000RPM even for L6 engines that work at 650RPM so you do not have to make tricks to correct. Thanks for the tip.
By lsdlsd88
for sure it should and will be fixed, it was just a suggestion to rely the less possible on it even in the area where it works :)
By ric355
maisdc wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 pm In the previous version of the firmware I did not have the Taper Start RPM and Taper End RPM option that appears in the Tuner Studio with the latest firmware version, and Taper Star RPM starts at 1000RPM, and I can not lower this value, this setting is not to set limits when acceleration enrichment works. How do I send the files?
You might have misunderstood what the taper does. When you hit the throttle it works as follows:
If RPM is below the taper start number, you get 100% of the acceleration enrichment as defined by the TPSdot curve. So if you're at 850rpm and you hit the throttle causing a TPSdot of 150, then whatever enrichment is defined at 150 in the curve is what you'll get.
If the RPM is above the taper end point, you will not get any acceleration enrichment
If the RPM is in between the taper start and taper end point, the system calculates what percentage (lets call it x) of the way through that range you are. It then looks up the AE value using the TPSdot as before, and then calculates x% of the AE it found. This is the AE that is applied.

The purpose of this is that at higher RPM levels, you need less acceleration enrichment so the tapering settings allow you to gradually reduce it over an RPM range.

The problem you're probably seeing is that AE is not applied for TPSdot values of less than 40. So on light acceleration from a standstill you probably won't get any enrichment. You must deal with that through the VE table as previously pointed out.
Last edited by ric355 on Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By V6vintage
Remember that taper start is only the start of the taper. AE is still active below this number :) In fact, it is needed the most at lower RPMs
By PSIG
When tuning Acceleration Enrichment, be sure to disable Taper settings, as in the example below. Reduce the TPS threshold as small as possible without false AE activity. After Threshold and Accel Time are found through tuning when accelerating from idle rpm, you may find the AE added at higher rpm is too rich (what @ric355 was saying). If so, set the Taper to the rpm it begins to be too rich, and the end to (usually) the maximum rpm. That should get you started on AE, and allow you to tune progressively for best response through the rpm range.

If the response from idle is still too delayed, try adjusting your filter settings lower in Tools > Set Analog Filter Settings > Throttle Position Sensor(%)

David
AE_initial_settings.jpg
AE_initial_settings.jpg (86.19 KiB) Viewed 12701 times
By maisdc
PSIG wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:55 pm When tuning Acceleration Enrichment, be sure to disable Taper settings, as in the example below. Reduce the TPS threshold as small as possible without false AE activity. After Threshold and Accel Time are found through tuning when accelerating from idle rpm, you may find the AE added at higher rpm is too rich (what @ric355 was saying). If so, set the Taper to the rpm it begins to be too rich, and the end to (usually) the maximum rpm. That should get you started on AE, and allow you to tune progressively for best response through the rpm range.

If the response from idle is still too delayed, try adjusting your filter settings lower in Tools > Set Analog Filter Settings > Throttle Position Sensor(%)

David

AE_initial_settings.jpg
thanks very much.
By lsdlsd88
I'd probably wait for MAP based AE coming in next firmware before spending time on tuning it :)
By pazi88
Map based just isn't very responsive compared to tps based, because map value is always delayed compared to tps value. So the map based ae is always bit too late. But still if there is no tps signal available, map based ae is still a ton better than nothing :D
By lsdlsd88
pazi88 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 pm Map based just isn't very responsive compared to tps based, because map value is always delayed compared to tps value.
well IT DEPENDS :D

you know sometimes the TPS only run at 15hz and its also heavily filtered :D

I was hoping there will be the option to blend both anyway?

By the way,i'm in love with this guy :lol:

gulp.jpg
gulp.jpg (130.78 KiB) Viewed 12602 times
By PSIG
lsdlsd88 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:53 pm I'd probably wait for MAP based AE coming in next firmware before spending time on tuning it :)
You can make your AE based on MAP if you want right now. Some users are doing that. Just input MAP signal instead of TPS. Not recommending it; just an option if you want to test it.

David
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?