For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By baecon
Any updates on that 2.0 board? Im tempted to start on a 1.7 board but also want to wait for the 2.0 board...
Side note if anyone is willing to sell me one of their spare pcbs dm me on discord :D
baecon#0666
By ise1844
Hi Raku!

Thanks for sharing this project with us all, I've been following for a while and have started making these kits.

I've got a couple of questions though:

What is the purpose of U14? Is this a reference MAP sensor? Is it needed, or will the board not work without this?

Do I need a Speeduino VR Conditioner for an OEM CPS?

Lastly, could you confirm what is required of the stock TPS for this to work in a plug and play config?
It seems like you implied the pins need to be switched around.

Thanks!
By Raku
ise1844 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 am Hi Raku!

Thanks for sharing this project with us all, I've been following for a while and have started making these kits.

I've got a couple of questions though:

What is the purpose of U14? Is this a reference MAP sensor? Is it needed, or will the board not work without this?

Do I need a Speeduino VR Conditioner for an OEM CPS?

Lastly, could you confirm what is required of the stock TPS for this to work in a plug and play config?
It seems like you implied the pins need to be switched around.

Thanks!
U14 is baro sensor. yes board will function without that.
for stock cps yes you will need vr conditioner
stock tps needs to be changed to m5x resistor type one and pin 2 and 3 need to swap around.
By Vauhtivaunu
Raku wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:33 am board updated to v2 with fully sequential support.
I assume that sequ needs some major wiring changes since Motronic 1.3 is only 2 banks and wiring goes with 2 channels through main wiring into injector connector rail
By Raku
yes. i have added additional io to 55 connector as well so you can disassemble the connector and swap / add some wires to have all the injector and ignition channels to come out from the main connector. all the info and pin out diagrams are in the new bom v2
By ise1844
Raku wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:39 pm yes. i have added additional io to 55 connector as well so you can disassemble the connector and swap / add some wires to have all the injector and ignition channels to come out from the main connector. all the info and pin out diagrams are in the new bom v2
Hey mate, I am keen to help you out with some documentation for this board.
Both v1.7 and 2.x

I noticed you combined the two 6 pin connectors into one high power connector, is it not possible to make fully sequential run from this connector?

The great part of v1.7 is that it is mostly reversible and doesn't require modifying the engine harness.
Of course, it would be awesome if both paths are possible.
By Raku
ise1844 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:01 am
Raku wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:39 pm yes. i have added additional io to 55 connector as well so you can disassemble the connector and swap / add some wires to have all the injector and ignition channels to come out from the main connector. all the info and pin out diagrams are in the new bom v2
Hey mate, I am keen to help you out with some documentation for this board.
Both v1.7 and 2.x

I noticed you combined the two 6 pin connectors into one high power connector, is it not possible to make fully sequential run from this connector?

The great part of v1.7 is that it is mostly reversible and doesn't require modifying the engine harness.
Of course, it would be awesome if both paths are possible.
yes both are possible. you can add wires to any connector you like to run sequential.
By ise1844
Hi all.

I put together one board for stock ignition and another for wasted spark.

On both boards I have LED's light up in test mode for ignition, but nothing for injectors.
When powered on the first time, all LED's for injectors flashed and that was it.

Did diode test with multimeter and appears that the LED's on injector side have blown.

LED's replaced, along with the STP75NS04Z on Q7-Q13. No change.
All other diodes, resistors and caps were removed and individually tested with no problem found.

Just wanted to get some guidance on which component to test next. Would it be U5?

Sharing tune fine as well for reference

EDIT:
Just had a look at the schematic in the EasyEDA project, the circuit for this is much more simple.
The circuit requires 12V, does this mean injector LED won't light up until there's 12v available in the circuit?

EDIT 2:
After replacing STP75NS04Z, LED's, 1N4448 and U5 everything seems to function correctly. Not sure why it failed in the first place. Providing 12V+ to U5 12V-RAW and GND to a GND point now switches Injector LED's on.
Attachments
(85.67 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?