For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By pazi88
curtis12321 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:32 pm Yeah that is the one. The regular connector you are using for this board still fits. You just need to trim one tab on the connector that blocks plugging it in.
Oh ok so it's same as m50NV. I just didn't remember that the connector plugs in differently. Here is video of that: https://youtu.be/ShD6zST1Z1s

Not excatly sure how the tabs in the connector are different. M40 and m50NV at least are same and no mods needed. But as you said cutting the tab is easy.
By pazi88
Yes that's what I was trying to say :D

Anyone know the type of the D1 diode in ua4c board for bluetooth connection? EDIT: it's BAT54S I would like to add that to the design because it's annoying when you need to unplug bluetooth to be able to use usb. As far as I know that diode makes that there is no need to unplug the bluetooth?

It looks to be some kind of schottky diode according to the schematic. Which makes sense.
By turboedge
pazi88 wrote:EDIT: it's BAT54S I would like to add that to the design because it's annoying when you need to unplug bluetooth to be able to use usb. As far as I know that diode makes that there is no need to unplug the bluetooth?
Yes, any Schottky diode should work and possibly other diode types. As long as the BT module is not paired and communicating you will be able to use the USB connection.
By pazi88
turboedge wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:35 pm
pazi88 wrote:EDIT: it's BAT54S I would like to add that to the design because it's annoying when you need to unplug bluetooth to be able to use usb. As far as I know that diode makes that there is no need to unplug the bluetooth?
Yes, any Schottky diode should work and possibly other diode types. As long as the BT module is not paired and communicating you will be able to use the USB connection.
Great thanks of confirmation. I will test how the 1n5818 works out, because it's already in speeduino bom.
By pazi88
Broke4speed wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:45 pm Would the diode go in the RX line? Anode facing the BT module? I'd like to add a diode to my BT setup too, if possible.
From bluetooth tx to mega rx. But it doesn't seem to work. 0.18v voltage drop from 1n5818 seems to be too much. Might need 5v pull-up resistor too.

EDIT no there is just nothing going through the 1n5818. It's probaply too slow.

EDIT2 no it works just fine. I should wear my glasses, because I had wrong diode :D viewtopic.php?p=32752#p32752
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?