For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By M5222
PSIG wrote:My numbers were from flow calculations at different pressures, not cc > lb conversion. I think you are approaching the issue by trying to make a generic tune "fit" your engine, rather than adjusting the tune to match your engine. To some degree the injector flow is not critical at this point, and you need to tune with the data you have. As you tune, you will find the "correct" values for injector flow, latency, etc, for your engine.

Make a copy of your current tune, turn off auto-functions, and name it "Warm_Idle". Begin experimenting with tuning your warm idle to minimum MAP, using the data from Speeduino. When it's good, rename it "Daily" or "Best" as your best driving tune so far. Rename a copy of that for the next tuning task (e.g., "Warm_Restart") and repeat. If you get frustrated or lost, it is easy to roll-back; just load the last-best tune and try again. It is a tunable ECM, meaning you need to tune it to your specific engine, fuel, use, etc. Get started! 8-)
Maybe and to noob in to tune and thought I need to point the exact size to start…know I know is not like that in fact..
Really thankfull for your help and for the op thread
Thanks pazi!
By M5222
pazi88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:21 am Nope. The abs/asc works standalone and doesn't require feedback signals. In e36 the speed signal comes directly from rear diff and it sends out the speed signal to ms41. Or ms41 uses speed signal from abs on later models. But vss is a bit experimental feature still and I haven't tested that in newer e36/e39/e38. I currently only have e30 to test and vss works fine in that.
Hi Pazi!! again thanks for all! your finds and tests works like charm!!
about the vss feature, how can i plug it to my speeduino in a e30? i know where is in the cluster (tempomat), but where i can plug it in my speeudino 2.1 rev? in any analog input? pin 1 or 9 for example? or maybe pint 6?

thanks again!
By pazi88
M5222 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:06 pm
pazi88 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:21 am Nope. The abs/asc works standalone and doesn't require feedback signals. In e36 the speed signal comes directly from rear diff and it sends out the speed signal to ms41. Or ms41 uses speed signal from abs on later models. But vss is a bit experimental feature still and I haven't tested that in newer e36/e39/e38. I currently only have e30 to test and vss works fine in that.
about the vss feature, how can i plug it to my speeduino in a e30? i know where is in the cluster (tempomat), but where i can plug it in my speeudino 2.1 rev? in any analog input? pin 1 or 9 for example? or maybe pint 6?

thanks again!
Pin15 on the ecu connector. You can see that in the schematic.
By M5222
pazi88 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:58 am
M5222 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:06 pm

thanks again!
Pin15 on the ecu connector. You can see that in the schematic.
oh i was thinking on the 16 pin minifit jr connector, sorry.
so if my e30 cluster is getting speed signal from the diff, the ecu must be getting VSS signal from the cluster, easy test then.

thanks for all!
By titiz67
Hello, I'm coming to you because I'm taking up the subject of the speeduino that I started a while ago and left on standby.
I tried on the table by connecting the power supplies. the injector and ignition outputs In test mode thank you @jonbill for guiding me.
After doing the tests, I realize that the injector outputs Q6, Q4, Q2, Q1 work at the same time. That is to say that if I test Q6 the 4 outputs light up Q6, Q4, Q2, Q1. I test Q2: Q6, Q4, Q1 lights up
Some info about my assembly is a Speeduino pcp ms41 rev 2.0 card by Pazi88 with a mega arduino mega2560 rev3: FIRMWARE 202207.
I have a doubt either a bad ground or bad control (firmware). Thanks for your help .
By jonbill
@titiz67, is your board using arduino mega? it can't do both sequential fuel and sequential ignition. There might be some conflict with pins configured.
@pazi88
Last edited by jonbill on Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By titiz67
THANKS . for your follow-ups. I had understood that since pazzi rev 2.0 the ignition and injection can be sequential, but I have a hard time understanding. and yes it is an arduino mega that manages.
Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Thank you all for your input. I have managed to g[…]

Working on adding some different wheel definitions[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?