For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By jonbill
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the PCB can have mega or other MCU - but anyway, the instructions are clear I think that it cant do both sequential at the same time. can you try semi sequential fuel and/or wasted cop configurations?
Last edited by jonbill on Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pazi88
Board supports both sequential ignition and injection. With mega you can only have one sequential. So in practise, injection is best to have in sequential, because sequential ignition is oretty useless. With stm32 ie. you can have both sequential.

The base tunes on GitHub are something that will make the board and engine to work properly, if it's assembled properly.
By assane
I have a question about stm32 on your github. I would like to order it together with parts on jlcpcb but one part is not there
TC0325B4700T5E. Can you provide some replacement for jlcpcb?

MFR.Part # TC0325B4700T5E
JLCPCB Part # C139129
By pazi88
assane wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:08 pm I have a question about stm32 on your github. I would like to order it together with parts on jlcpcb but one part is not there
TC0325B4700T5E. Can you provide some replacement for jlcpcb?

MFR.Part # TC0325B4700T5E
JLCPCB Part # C139129
That is just 470ohm 0.1% 0603 resistor. There is many many alternatives for those: https://www.lcsc.com/products/Chip-Resi ... E%A9%22%5D (remember to check the 0603 case)
By diablospeed
I come back to you after long time.
I did a lot of tests on the pcb and the results are interesting.
Tacho Cluster > match dwell > ok

I have one thing left that I'm stuck on, the idle.

I started in open loop, i set fuel and ignition to idle , it makes thing better but the engine blow off when i charge the alternator (light traffic, defrost...)

I tried in closed loop. I've found the MS2 setting manual, a chapter on idle exist. Our tuner studio config does not match with the manual, "idle setting" map is missing, we can set only the PID. Despite interesting result, i can't have a smooth idle, the engine blow off often.
I've had an M52 KDFI config and all the idle setting are here.

Could you help me ?
By pazi88
diablospeed wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:49 pm I come back to you after long time.
I did a lot of tests on the pcb and the results are interesting.
Tacho Cluster > match dwell > ok

I have one thing left that I'm stuck on, the idle.

I started in open loop, i set fuel and ignition to idle , it makes thing better but the engine blow off when i charge the alternator (light traffic, defrost...)

I tried in closed loop. I've found the MS2 setting manual, a chapter on idle exist. Our tuner studio config does not match with the manual, "idle setting" map is missing, we can set only the PID. Despite interesting result, i can't have a smooth idle, the engine blow off often.
I've had an M52 KDFI config and all the idle setting are here.

Could you help me ?
It's usually only matter of tuning the VE map to be flat as possible around idle (14.7 AFR all around). I personally always set the idle RPM to be bit too high with the PWM idle valve duty in open loop mode. And the set the idle advance map to activate in second or two to bring down the idle RPM to desired one. Ie. by having the advance set to 12ish on the map. And then set up the idle advance to lower the advance quickly if the RPM is too high. And then add bit of advance if RPMs are too low. This leads to very stable idle.
By Dzeerve
Hey. I recently swapped m52 single vanos with speeduino rev2.1 into e46. What are my options to get cluster working thru can bus? Some external modules?
By pazi88
Dzeerve wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:03 pm Hey. I recently swapped m52 single vanos with speeduino rev2.1 into e46. What are my options to get cluster working thru can bus? Some external modules?
In my m52tu/m54 board I have STM32 bluepill reading data from speeduino secondary serial and sending that to the CAN bus for the car(cluster). So you could replicate that interface with this single vanos m52 board: https://github.com/pazi88/Speeduino-M5x ... 0m54%20PnP
The m52 board has secondary serial, gnd and voltages available at the rear connector, so you can connect the interface easily there.

Also https://diy-efi.co.uk/ is coming up with commercial version of that.
By etdesrochers
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, first thank you Pazi for making such amazing projects for the community.

I have ordered 5 boards through JLCPCB for rev. 3.0B. Obviously, they did not have all the components in stock, I managed to find the remaining elsewhere but the 8 MOSFET STP75NS04Z I cannot find. It seems to be completely obsolete and out of stock everywhere. Aliexpress have some knock-off replicas but I heard to avoid semi-conductors from China, as they fail.

Now I don't know that much about electronics, I'm a mechanical engineer. The STP75NS04Z mosfet has these specs :
Vds: 33V
Id: 80A
Ptot: 110W
Rds on: 11mOhm @ 40A, 10V
Vgs: 4V @ 250µA
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/deta ... 4Z/1578385

I'm looking for a replacement component but I can't find any with these specs. I'd look for one with similar specs but I don't know what specs can be different and which are critical. I found this one but I'm not sure if it has the right specs :
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/deta ... F75/603813

Would these work?
If anyone can shed a light it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
By NickZ
The correct part you have a link for has 2851 in stock. Buy the correct part and you wont have any problems

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?