For discussion of Speeduino compatible boards designed / built by other members of the forum and for guidance around making such a board
By runesm
pazi88 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:43 pm
runesm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:23 pm You mention it is similar to a version 0.4

Is this also in regards to the BOM? Because then i just might order a set right away too
Yes BOM is almost identical. Few additional components and you will not need every component of the regular 4.3 BOM. The modified BOM is here in addition to other files and base tune for m52: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... yYi3wFoilM
Okay. I will just toss the 1.2's on the shelf until i desperatly need them and then hope they work at that point hehe.
Alright. It's just that both digikey and mouser have some of the parts on backorder, digikey has the varistor at an expected 1/6 delivery date, and mouser is almost 20€ more expensive.
By runesm
EDIT in addition to the BOM you all are going to need thermally conductive insulation pads between the to220's and ms41 casing. The ms41 only has that for ignition drivers, but also the STP fets need those too. I did buy locally thin sheet of glass fiber reinforced silicone insulation that has adhesuve backing. But I have not yet found equivalent online.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TO-220- ... 36914.html
By pazi88
runesm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm
EDIT in addition to the BOM you all are going to need thermally conductive insulation pads between the to220's and ms41 casing. The ms41 only has that for ignition drivers, but also the STP fets need those too. I did buy locally thin sheet of glass fiber reinforced silicone insulation that has adhesuve backing. But I have not yet found equivalent online.
Yes those work too. But I used big sheet that I just cutted pieces that fit:

I also used for the regulator,but after investigating that, I think it doesn't need that because the heat sink tab is grounded.
By runesm
pazi88 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 pm
runesm wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:58 pm
Yes those work too. But I used big sheet that I just cutted pieces that fit:

I also used for the regulator,but after investigating that, I think it doesn't need that because the heat sink tab is grounded.
Doesnt hurt though :)
By Guy1195
This is godlike!! You're an absolute life saver and have saved me so much headache.

I've LITERALLY just started helping a friend build an e36 with an m52 swap. His current ECU is a Siemens DME MS41.1, is this likely to be compatible swap with your pnp board? i'm located in the UK if that changes anything? is there any chance the engine loom side of wiring might be different as this is a UK Model e36?

This is the first BMW i have ever been involved with and have come from a pure Mazda background. Is there a possibility that anyone who has had a board printed i could buy one from? I am always too afraid to try get a PCB printed as i never know what to specify for all the variables such as layers/trains/material/thicknesses etc... My original plan was to just try use a 0.4.3 board and wire it in manually but this is amazing haha.

Please let me know if there's somewhere i can donate to you also, as this sort of work is amazing for the community!
By pazi88
Ms41.0, ms41.1 or ms41.2 is fine. And I can ship you pcb if you want.

But by the way, did you know that you can flash and retune ms41 with regular obd cable? If it's pure engine swap with maybe minor mods, I would recommend using the stock ms41. Speeduino starts to be usefull if your friend is planning to do turbo build for example. That can be also handled with stock ms41 by tuning it, but it starts to be tricky especially when bigger boost levels are used. In that case ecu that can do speed density is better option (like speeduino).
By Guy1195
I've tried to search for information on but i was unable to find much.. APPARENTLY it already has an M3 Cam in it? (Could be a myth for all i know!) and ECU has already been socketed/chipped, The previous owner said... But how true this is i am unsure, he's currently in the middle of doing a turbo conversion with a Holset turbo and a low compression head spacer / ARP Bolts. How much Boost he is wanting to run though i am not sure.

I suggested trying to figure out how to tune the original ECU as it already has been tuned by a company as it has a sticker with a tuning companies name on from near us. Do you have any idea what software is required to retune the stock ECU? I wouldn't want to be messing with HEX files directly unless there is a piece of software with a proper GUI etc?
By Guy1195
Haha wow i was just about to say i've found a good tutorial on YouTube for it!! I had a strange suspicion that the video was made by you hahaha!! I shall PM you regarding the board as it looks like the best way to do it!
By pazi88
Yeah that's me :D

I have made some progress with the rev1.2 PCB and tried to tidy up the traces quite a bit. But so that I don't need to update that any time soon, I thought that maybe it would be good to also include the FlexFuel sensor input and maybe one spare output for that external connector. But I'm running out of room now. Can anyone think any good 6 pin connctector which would be about the size of that 4 pin minifit connector?

In 1.2 the map sensor is further back and much closer to that connector so there is not room to go wider.

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?