Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By TurboPirate
Hello to you all, I got interested in the ECU Speeduino, my project is a 2002 Daewoo Lanos 1.6L DOHC, it has a Turbo and manual transmission.......first question, will the Speeduino work with the crank trigger wheel this car has? Or do I have to remove the 60-2 wheel and adapt a 36-1 Ford Edis in order to control timing?
Second question I think it can apply to forum and to TurboEdge.....I almost have my cart ready at WTMTronics unless I am wrong and with what I already have in the cart I can run my setup.......
Mega Board
Speeduino 0.4.x with MAP sensor and kit
Hammond Case
Am I missing something guys? Thanks in advance TP
By dazq
Hi,
Trigger wheel is fine as is, what is the crank sensor, hall or vr ??
If it's vr you need to add a vr conditioner to your shopping list
By TurboPirate
dazq wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:09 pm Hi,
Trigger wheel is fine as is, what is the crank sensor, hall or vr ??
If it's vr you need to add a vr conditioner to your shopping list
I always confuse this sensor because Daewoo uses many sensors same GM fuel injection in the Chevy Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire.......but I 60% sure same as Ford EDIS Crank Sensor.........just to be sure let me add the vr conditioner..........any other suggestions?
BTW if my project is successful one of my colleagues will want standalone on his Lanos but his is an automatic 4T40 tranny..........thanks for your time and help TP

PS. Is the MINI MAX or the one that says dual conditioner?
By turboedge
Hi TP,

If you can see the sensor and it has two wires then it is certainly a VR sensor. More than two wires can be either VR or Hall but usually Hall. The car wiring diagram can often be helpful. If it is a VR sensor either of those conditioners can work.

turboedge
By TurboPirate
turboedge wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:59 am Hi TP,

If you can see the sensor and it has two wires then it is certainly a VR sensor. More than two wires can be either VR or Hall but usually Hall. The car wiring diagram can often be helpful. If it is a VR sensor either of those conditioners can work.

turboedge
I remember last year I replaced one on client's car and as I recall it was a 3 wire but it was a 99 and mine is 2002, since that conditioner seems to be a most I added it to my cart........thanks for replaying....TP
More questions on the way lol
Last edited by TurboPirate on Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dazq
The autobox may not be a problem , check out my gearbox controller, "gears" it is in the wiki under third party.
It is under development so new boxes can be added as we go :-)
By TurboPirate
dazq wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:58 am The autobox may not be a problem , check out my gearbox controller, "gears" it is in the wiki under third party.
It is under development so new boxes can be added as we go :-)
This will be for the automatic tranny 4T40 in electronics is basically the same as 4L60....I'll check that one...
By TurboPirate
Is there a tool to test the Speeduino on desk before installing it? That stimulate coolant Temp, trigger wheel etc. etc.?
By theonewithin
Ardu stim will do trigger patterns.

Other sensors you just need a potentiometer to test.

Or just gnd/5v the input and make sure it responds
By TurboPirate
theonewithin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:35 am Ardu stim will do trigger patterns.

Other sensors you just need a potentiometer to test.

Or just gnd/5v the input and make sure it responds
Thanks for the answer, got some questions
If I have car already wired and running with MegaSq and want to install speeduino can I use the same connector?
The reason I ask is because one of my clients has a Cherokee for mud fun and wanted to know is possible just like plug n play but with the standard connector MS uses?
I have being reading a lot have my eyes bleeding lol but still don't know about the Tennsy board purpose..........

Hi there, I'm doing preliminary research and hope[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

Where did the plugs come from? I've heard there ar[…]

Injected 2 stroke Bultaco

Alternator testing. Its a 3 phase circa 200w alter[…]

NO2C crank signal issues

Once again PSIG, thank you. Note this is set up fo[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?