Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
I'm happy to be able to say that progress on the firmware has been really good lately, so much so that I'm actually starting to think about what is left before I consider a v1.0 release.

Over the last month or so, the following has been completed:
  • Temperature and O2 sensor calibrations are now completed and fully tested.
  • Warm up enrichment is done. This is fairly well tested and there are no known issues, but I need to do some really close looking at this to make sure it's behaving correctly
  • Acceleration enrichment - In much the same position as warm up enrichment
  • Many performance tweaks and tuning. Goal of the project from a performance point is to keep the ECU running at 1000+ loops per second. This is a totally arbitrary number, but should be more than enough for accurate calculations
  • Closed loop for both wide and narrow band sensors is well on the way. I have designed the algorithms (Simple and PID) for this and am very confident I can implement it with only a minimal hit to the CPU. Pretty happy with this.
So that's about it. There's a few more things I know I'd like to get done before v1.0 (Eg air temperature compensation, barometric correction etc), but these are fairly trivial now that the fuel compensation system is written and tested.

Probably worth asking the question, is there anything else you believe should be part of a v1.0 release? This isn't a call for every feature you can possibly think of, that will come in time, but v1.0 should be a complete, fully functioning system. Are there any core functions I've missed?
By cbxbiker61
Just polling you on what you think based on what I know/have guessed on my Suzuke 1.6 motor. This is also based on what I've seen on the freeems site (looking at their preferred/reference degree wheel).

I know my Suzuki motor has a 6 tooth sensor wheel on the crank, and I know the distributor has 7 pins. I'm guessing that the distributor is using 3 of those pins for degree information. I would guess that by reading the state of those three pins you can basically tell (probably to a degree) where the engine is at. I'm going to order a spare distributor so I can tear it apart and give it a look over.

Does Speeduino have the capability to read those 3 outputs (yet)?

I'm in #speeduino if you want to chat.
By plazomat
noisymime wrote: Probably worth asking the question, is there anything else you believe should be part of a v1.0 release? This isn't a call for every feature you can possibly think of, that will come in time, but v1.0 should be a complete, fully functioning system. Are there any core functions I've missed?
Josh if you could some how squeeze in ignition triggering for my 8 tooth reluctor wheel GM HEI module that would be awesome...

Plaz
By noisymime
That's one I'm undecided on (For both the HEI and the Sidekick). Both of them are definitely possible, but they require the modular decoder to be in place, which is a BIG change. At this point I don't know whether that will make it in for the v1.0 release as it's going to break quite a few things when it happens, which is kind of the opposite direction I want to be going in when coming up to a release.

Let me have a think about it some more. Maybe I'll create a new branch with the modular decoder so I can work on the two things at once.
By plazomat
noisymime wrote:That's one I'm undecided on (For both the HEI and the Sidekick). Both of them are definitely possible, but they require the modular decoder to be in place, which is a BIG change. At this point I don't know whether that will make it in for the v1.0 release as it's going to break quite a few things when it happens, which is kind of the opposite direction I want to be going in when coming up to a release.

Let me have a think about it some more. Maybe I'll create a new branch with the modular decoder so I can work on the two things at once.
I can't even start testing on a motor for about 8-10 weeks - long/cold Canadian winter...so no big rush on my end.

Plaz
By raven007
I am excited about the modular decoder. My application (2 stroke pwc, fuel only for now) needs to fire from a 2 pulse per revolution trigger.
Auto Transmission Controller

I have read through most of the Wiki. Am I missin[…]

What is in the stock ECU? some of them don't use a[…]

Jeep transmission compatibility

Wanting to replace the old crappy Chrysler PCM in […]

blitzbox

Hi, It seems I can’t blame the error with t[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?